Finite T transverse magnetization of transverse Ising chain

In summary, the conversation is about calculating the magnetization at finite temperature for the transverse field Ising model, with equations and a solution method being discussed. The solution method involves classical or quantum approaches, with the quantum method involving Jordan-Wigner and Bogoliubov transforms.
poiuyt

Homework Statement

Consider the transverse field Ising model, with

$$H=-J\sum_i\left(\sigma^x_i\sigma^x_{i+1}+g\sigma^z_i\right)$$

I have to calculate the magnetization $$\langle\sigma_z\rangle$$ at finite temperature.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I have to say, I'm a bit lost.

Physics news on Phys.org
Classical or quantum? If classical, have you seen the transfer matrix solution of the regular Ising model?

If this is the quantum Ising chain, the only method I know to solve this is quite involved, and involves Jordan-Wigner and Bogoliubov transforms. If this is homework I would guess you would've been given more info for how to solve it.

Related to Finite T transverse magnetization of transverse Ising chain

1. What is the transverse magnetization of a transverse Ising chain?

The transverse magnetization of a transverse Ising chain refers to the total magnetic moment of the system in the direction perpendicular to the applied magnetic field. It is a measure of the alignment of the spins in the system.

2. What is the significance of studying finite T transverse magnetization in transverse Ising chains?

The study of finite T transverse magnetization in transverse Ising chains is important for understanding the behavior of real magnetic materials at finite temperatures. It can provide insight into the phase transitions and critical behavior of these systems.

3. How is the finite T transverse magnetization of a transverse Ising chain calculated?

The finite T transverse magnetization of a transverse Ising chain can be calculated using various analytical and numerical techniques, such as mean-field theory, Monte Carlo simulations, and exact diagonalization methods. The exact approach depends on the specific properties of the system being studied.

4. What factors affect the finite T transverse magnetization in transverse Ising chains?

The finite T transverse magnetization in transverse Ising chains is affected by various factors, including the temperature, magnetic field strength, and interactions between the spins in the system. It can also be influenced by the dimensionality and size of the system.

5. How does the finite T transverse magnetization change as the temperature is increased?

In general, the finite T transverse magnetization decreases as the temperature is increased. This is due to thermal fluctuations causing the spins to become more disordered and less aligned with the applied magnetic field. However, at a critical temperature, there may be a sudden drop in the magnetization, indicating a phase transition in the system.