Finding values of delta that correspond with M=Any Number

• Thread starter realism877
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Delta
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a delta value that corresponds to m=400 in the equation cot x = infinity as x approaches 0 from the right. The problem was not clearly stated and additional information was needed to provide a solution.
realism877

Homework Statement

For example

you have a limit approaching 0 from the right cot x=infiniti

m=1000

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
I got as far as this

Cot x=1000

Can someone please help me?

realism877 said:

Homework Statement

For example

you have a limit approaching 0 from the right cot x=infiniti

m=1000

realism877 said:
I got as far as this

Cot x=1000

Can someone please help me?

Help you do what? What is the statement of your problem? What does m have to do with it? We aren't mind readers.

Cot x= infiniti

As the limit approaches 0 from the right. Find delta that correspond to m=400

realism877 said:
Cot x= infiniti

As the limit approaches 0 from the right. Find delta that correspond to m=400

It isn't "the limit approaches 0 from the right". It is x that approaches zero from the right.

To start this problem, the first thing you need to do is state carefully what you are trying to prove. It starts like this:

Given M > 0 we must do what such that what...

State mathematically what you need to prove.

I only have to find values of delta that corrspond to m=400.

realism877 said:
I only have to find values of delta that corrspond to m=400.

The point is that this means nothing without context- we have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

However- wild guess- are you trying to find a delta such that [itex]0<x<\delta[/itex] implies [itex]\cot (x) > m[/itex] ?

Related to Finding values of delta that correspond with M=Any Number

1. What is the purpose of finding values of delta that correspond with M=Any Number?

Finding values of delta that correspond with a specific M value allows scientists to analyze and understand the relationship between two variables in a mathematical model or experiment. It helps to determine the sensitivity of the model or system to changes in one variable, and can be used to make predictions and improve the accuracy of the model.

2. How do you calculate the values of delta that correspond with a given M value?

The calculation of delta values depends on the specific mathematical model or experiment being studied. In general, it involves manipulating the equation or data to isolate and solve for delta. This can be done using algebraic methods or through computer software.

3. What factors affect the values of delta that correspond with a given M value?

The values of delta can be influenced by various factors, such as the complexity of the model, the precision of the data, and the chosen method of calculation. Other factors may also include the accuracy of measurements, the variability of the data, and the assumptions made in the model.

4. Can values of delta be negative?

Yes, values of delta can be negative in some cases. This indicates an inverse relationship between the two variables, where an increase in one variable leads to a decrease in the other. However, in other cases, the values of delta can only be positive, indicating a direct relationship between the variables.

5. How can I interpret the values of delta that correspond with a given M value?

The interpretation of delta values depends on the context of the model or experiment. In general, a larger value of delta indicates a greater sensitivity to changes in the variable, while a smaller value indicates a smaller sensitivity. Scientists may also use delta values to compare the relationships between different variables in a model or between different models.