Is This Calculation of the Laplace Transform Correct?

In summary: Therefore, the inverse Laplace transform of the given function is $2 \sin (bt) \sinh (bt)$.In summary, the inverse Laplace transform of $\mathscr{L}[2\sin(bt)\sinh(bt)]$ is $2 \sin (bt) \sinh (bt)$.
Drain Brain

please check my work here

$\mathscr{L}[2\sin(bt)\sinh(bt)]$

I know that $\sinh(bt) = \frac{e^{bt}-e^{-bt}}{2}$$\mathscr{L}[2\sin(bt)\left(\frac{e^{bt}-e^{-bt}}{2}\right)]$

$\mathscr{L}[e^{bt}\sin(bt)-e^{-bt}\sin(bt)]$$\mathscr{L}[e^{bt}\sin(bt)]-\mathscr{L}[e^{-bt}\sin(bt)]$$\frac{b}{s^2+b^2}|_{s-->s-b} - \frac{b}{s^2+b^2}|_{s-->s+b}$$\frac{b}{(s-b)^2+b^2}-\frac{b}{(s+b)^2+b^2}$$\frac{b}{(s^2-2bs+2b^2)}-\frac{b}{(s^2+2bs+2b^2)}$
$\frac{b(s^2+2bs+2b^2)-b(s^2-2bs+2b^2)}{(s^2-2bs+2b^2)(s^2+2bs+2b^2)}$

$\frac{4b^2s}{(s^2-2bs+2b^2)(s^2+2bs+2b^2)}$---->>>final answer please check this.

if my answer is correct how Am I going to get the inverse laplace of it?

regards and thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Drain Brain said:

please check my work here

$\mathscr{L}[2\sin(bt)\sinh(bt)]$

I know that $\sinh(bt) = \frac{e^{bt}-e^{-bt}}{2}$$\mathscr{L}[2\sin(bt)\left(\frac{e^{bt}-e^{-bt}}{2}\right)]$

$\mathscr{L}[e^{bt}\sin(bt)-e^{-bt}\sin(bt)]$$\mathscr{L}[e^{bt}\sin(bt)]-\mathscr{L}[e^{-bt}\sin(bt)]$$\frac{b}{s^2+b^2}|_{s-->s-b} - \frac{b}{s^2+b^2}|_{s-->s+b}$$\frac{b}{(s-b)^2+b^2}-\frac{b}{(s+b)^2+b^2}$$\frac{b}{(s^2-2bs+2b^2)}-\frac{b}{(s^2+2bs+2b^2)}$
$\frac{b(s^2+2bs+2b^2)-b(s^2-2bs+2b^2)}{(s^2-2bs+2b^2)(s^2+2bs+2b^2)}$

$\frac{4b^2s}{(s^2-2bs+2b^2)(s^2+2bs+2b^2)}$---->>>final answer please check this.

if my answer is correct how Am I going to get the inverse laplace of it?

regards and thanks!

Yes, it is right ! (Yes)

In order to get the inverse Laplace of it, use this:

$$F(s)=\frac{b}{(s-a)^2+b^2}$$

$$f(t)=\mathscr{L}^{-1} \{ F(s) \} =e^{at} \sin (bt)$$

• $F(s)=\frac{b}{(s-b)^2+b^2}$

$$f(t)=\mathscr{L}^{-1} \{ F(s) \} =e^{bt} \sin (bt)$$
  • $F(s)=\frac{b}{(s+b)^2+b^2}$

$$f(t)=\mathscr{L}^{-1} \{ F(s) \}=e^{-bt} \sin (bt)$$

So, we have:

$$\mathscr{L}^{-1} \{ \frac{b}{(s-b)^2+b^2} - \frac{b}{(s+b)^2+b^2} \}=e^{bt} \sin (bt)-e^{-bt} \sin (bt)= \sin (bt) (e^{bt}-e^{-bt}) \\ =2 \sin (bt) \left ( \frac{e^{bt}-e^{-bt}}{2} \right )=2 \sin (bt) \sinh (bt)$$

Related to Is This Calculation of the Laplace Transform Correct?

1. What is the Laplace Transform?

The Laplace Transform is a mathematical tool used to convert a function from the time domain to the frequency domain. It is particularly useful for solving differential equations and analyzing the behavior of systems.

2. Why is the Laplace Transform important?

The Laplace Transform allows us to solve complex differential equations more easily and accurately by converting them into algebraic equations in the frequency domain. This makes it a valuable tool in various fields such as engineering, physics, and signal processing.

3. How do you find the Laplace Transform of a function?

The Laplace Transform of a function is found by integrating the function multiplied by the exponential function e^-st, where s is a complex variable. The result of this integration is a new function in the frequency domain.

4. What are the benefits of using the Laplace Transform?

The Laplace Transform has several benefits, including simplifying the process of solving differential equations, allowing for easier analysis of systems, and providing a more intuitive understanding of the behavior of functions in the frequency domain.

5. Are there any limitations to using the Laplace Transform?

While the Laplace Transform is a powerful tool, it has some limitations. It can only be used for functions that have a finite Laplace Transform, and it may not be suitable for some types of nonlinear or time-varying systems. Additionally, the inverse Laplace Transform may be difficult to find for some functions.