Finding the Inverse of a Circuit: Step-by-Step Guide for Basic Laplace Questions

• Thread starter Desii
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laplace
In summary, the conversation is about finding the inverse of a circuit and checking the work done on it. The person asking for help is having trouble with finding v(t) when the switch moves to point 2. They have attempted to solve the problem but are unsure if it is correct. Lurflurf has provided guidance on finding the inverse of the Laplace transform, but the person is still unsure about the circuit and what else they need to find.
Desii

Homework Statement

I'm stuck on finding the inverse of this circuit. Can anyone please check my work, In this circuit you are suppose to find v(t) when switch moves to point 2 ( meaning deattached from battery).

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

http://postimage.org/image/z9acdes87/

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The inverse of 1/s is the unit step.

That answer doesn't explain anything about the circuit, So I did it wrong, can you please check my work

It would help if you tell us what you mean by the "inverse of a circuit"! In your attachment, you seem to be trying to find the inverse of the Laplace transform and lurflurf told you exactly how to do that.

As for "checking your work", you are fine up until finding the inverse of the Laplace transform [24C/(RC+2)] (1/s). That has a lot to do with finding the current, i. I don't know what you mean by "has to do with the circuit". What more are you trying to find?

Related to Finding the Inverse of a Circuit: Step-by-Step Guide for Basic Laplace Questions

1. What is the purpose of finding the inverse of a circuit?

The inverse of a circuit is used to analyze the behavior of the circuit in the time domain, as well as to design and troubleshoot complex circuits.

2. What is the Laplace transform and how is it used in finding the inverse of a circuit?

The Laplace transform is a mathematical tool used to convert a function from the time domain to the frequency domain. It is used in finding the inverse of a circuit by simplifying complex circuits into a single transfer function that can be easily analyzed and manipulated.

3. What are the steps involved in finding the inverse of a circuit using Laplace transform?

The steps involved in finding the inverse of a circuit using Laplace transform include: 1) Representing the circuit in terms of a transfer function, 2) Applying the Laplace transform to the circuit, 3) Simplifying the transformed circuit using algebraic manipulation, 4) Inverting the transform to obtain the time-domain representation of the circuit.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when finding the inverse of a circuit?

Some common mistakes to avoid when finding the inverse of a circuit include: 1) Forgetting to include initial conditions, 2) Using incorrect values for the circuit components, 3) Not simplifying the transformed circuit completely, 4) Forgetting to take the inverse transform at the end.

5. Are there any alternative methods for finding the inverse of a circuit?

Yes, there are alternative methods for finding the inverse of a circuit such as using the Fourier transform or using numerical methods such as the inverse Laplace transform. However, the Laplace transform method is the most commonly used and efficient method for finding the inverse of a circuit.