Finding Formulas for College ASME Project

In summary, the individual is working on a multi-year project with their college's ASME chapter and is having difficulty finding the formulas needed. They have found a formula for determining magnetic force, but are struggling to find the formula for magnetic and electric fields. They also need to know the formula for determining the frequency of an electromagnetic wave. They are requesting a prompt response, but understand the time constraints and time zone differences of the group.
Samo
i'm working on a multi-year project with my college's chapter of ASME and we're having a little difficulties finding the formulas that we need

i found the formula to determine the force in Newtons being exerted by a magnetic field in Newtons, but I am having a lil difficulty with the formula. i can't seem to find the formula for the magnetic and electric field (im assuming that the formula that uses the 2 of them means it's for an electromagnetic field)

also, what formula would i need to determine the frequency of an electromagnetic wave, is it the same as the formula just plain old frequency?

Physics news on Phys.org
anyone?
an answer before tonight would be pretty helpful

Welcome to PF, Samo.
That's pretty short notice, particularly since our membership is spread over 24 time zones. I couldn't help with any math anyhow, but even if I could, it's 11:30 pm here and I have to work in the morning. There's something better looking than you waiting downstairs...

Related to Finding Formulas for College ASME Project

1. What is the purpose of finding formulas for a college ASME project?

The purpose of finding formulas for a college ASME project is to solve complex engineering problems and design efficient solutions. Formulas provide a mathematical representation of real-world phenomena and can be used to analyze and predict the behavior of different systems.

2. How do you determine which formulas are needed for a specific ASME project?

The formulas needed for an ASME project will depend on the specific problem being addressed. It is important to thoroughly understand the problem and its constraints in order to determine which formulas are relevant. Consulting with experts in the field and conducting research can also help identify appropriate formulas.

3. Can existing formulas be modified or combined to fit a specific ASME project?

Yes, existing formulas can often be modified or combined to fit a specific ASME project. This can be done by adjusting variables or incorporating additional factors to account for the unique circumstances of the project. However, it is important to ensure that the modified formula is still accurate and applicable to the problem at hand.

4. How important is it to have accurate and precise formulas in an ASME project?

Having accurate and precise formulas is crucial in an ASME project. The accuracy of the formulas directly impacts the reliability and efficiency of the solutions developed. Even small errors in the formulas can lead to significant discrepancies in the results, which can have serious consequences in real-world applications.

5. How can one test the validity of the formulas used in a college ASME project?

The validity of the formulas used in a college ASME project can be tested through various methods such as comparison to experimental data, sensitivity analysis, or verification with known solutions. It is also important to carefully review and double-check the calculations and assumptions made in using the formulas to ensure their accuracy.