Finding Detailed Drawings of an Aircraft Landing Gear for Catia

In summary, there are several sources where one can find detailed drawings of an aircraft landing gear for Catia, such as official manufacturer websites, online libraries, and marketplaces. However, the accuracy and reliability of these drawings may vary and it is important to verify their credibility and compare them with other sources. These drawings can also be modified for specific needs, but it is important to check their licensing and usage restrictions. Most of the drawings include necessary dimensions and specifications, but it is recommended to double-check with official technical documents. The usage of these drawings for commercial purposes depends on the specific licensing and restrictions of each source.
cezar13
I have to do optimization of a landing gear of an aircraft but can not find anywhere sketches of the landing gear. Can anyone tell me where I can find these drawings? I must be detailed drawings to build the landing gear in Catia.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It's doubtful that you're going to be able to get access to drawings of an aircraft's landing gear because they are proprietary information for the company that makes the aircraft. Your best bet will be pictures (with a few objects of known size) from which you can reverse-engineer the general design.

Related to Finding Detailed Drawings of an Aircraft Landing Gear for Catia

1. Where can I find detailed drawings of an aircraft landing gear for Catia?

There are several websites and databases where you can find detailed drawings of aircraft landing gear for Catia. Some of the most commonly used sources include official aircraft manufacturer websites, online libraries such as the Aerospace Industries Association's National Aerospace Standards (NAS) library, and online marketplaces such as 3D ContentCentral.

2. Are these drawings accurate and reliable?

The accuracy and reliability of these drawings vary depending on the source. It is important to check the credibility of the source and verify the accuracy of the drawings before using them in your work. You can also compare the drawings with other sources to ensure their accuracy.

3. Can I modify these drawings to suit my specific needs?

Yes, most of these drawings are available in a format that can be modified using Catia or other CAD software. However, it is important to check the licensing and usage restrictions of the drawings before making any modifications.

4. Do these drawings include all the necessary dimensions and specifications?

Most of these drawings are created by professionals and include all the necessary dimensions and specifications. However, it is always a good idea to double-check the measurements and specifications with official technical documents before using the drawings in your work.

5. Can I use these drawings for commercial purposes?

This depends on the licensing and usage restrictions of the specific drawings. Some sources may allow commercial use, while others may have restrictions. It is important to carefully read the terms and conditions of use before using the drawings for commercial purposes.