Finding an Aerospace Engineer for Research Paper

In summary, In order to interview an aerospace engineer, you could try contacting a nearby company or college, or contacting one of the listed universities.
SfriendsK
I have to interview an aerospace engineer for a research paper. I can't find anyone anywhere and I don't know how to find someone. Can anyone help me, please?

Physics news on Phys.org
Where are you located?

You could call up a nearby company or a nearby college with an aerospace engineering department.

I live in New Orleans

Lockheed Martin builds the space shuttle's external tank in New Orleans. That's the only big company I found in my five minute web search. There are most likely plenty more. If Lockheed doesn't have anyone (I'll wager they'll be able to find someone), check the yellow pages and start making cold calls. You won't have to call too many companies before someone says yes.

I don't know how far you're willing to drive, but University of Mississippi has an aerospace dept. and the University of Louisiana at Monroe has an aeronautics dept.

Houston, TX and Huntsville, AL also have tons of aerospace facilities.

That should get you started. If you are still striking out, let us know and we'll dig a bit deeper.

edit: Do you need to do the interview in person, or can you do it over the phone? If the latter, it'll spread your options a bit...

Last edited:
pure cybergold

we should all get such answers to our questions

I can do the interview by email, the phone, or in person, it doesn't matter.

There arn't a lot of places here in New Orleans that deal with areospace so Lockheed will probably be the best. I though there was another place local, but I am drawing a blank at the molment.

Originally posted by SfriendsK
I can do the interview by email, the phone, or in person, it doesn't matter.

Try to get an in person interview with someone at Lockheed. If you handle yourself well, it may end up as an 'in' to an internship later.

If that doesn't fly, start calling aerospace engineering departments at various colleges.

Here is a list:
http://www.princeton.edu/~asmits/ADCA/aerohome.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help!

Related to Finding an Aerospace Engineer for Research Paper

1. What qualifications should I look for in an aerospace engineer for my research paper?

When searching for an aerospace engineer for your research paper, it is important to look for someone with a degree in aerospace engineering or a related field. Additionally, consider their experience in the aerospace industry and any relevant publications or research they have conducted.

2. How can I find an aerospace engineer with expertise in a specific area?

To find an aerospace engineer with expertise in a specific area, you can search through academic databases, attend conferences or workshops, or reach out to professional organizations in the aerospace industry. You can also reach out to professors or researchers who specialize in your topic and ask for recommendations.

3. Is it necessary to find an aerospace engineer with experience in research?

While it is not necessary to find an aerospace engineer with experience in research, it can be beneficial. An engineer with research experience will have a deeper understanding of the scientific process and may have access to resources and equipment that can aid in your research.

4. How can I ensure that the aerospace engineer I choose is reliable and trustworthy?

To ensure that the aerospace engineer you choose is reliable and trustworthy, you can ask for references from previous clients or colleagues, review their publications and research, and conduct a thorough interview to discuss their experience and qualifications. It may also be helpful to check their credentials and professional affiliations.

5. How can I effectively collaborate with an aerospace engineer for my research paper?

To effectively collaborate with an aerospace engineer for your research paper, establish clear communication and expectations from the beginning. Clearly define each person's roles and responsibilities, set realistic deadlines, and maintain regular check-ins to ensure that the project is progressing smoothly. It may also be helpful to establish a shared project management system to keep track of progress and tasks.