Find the two figures and the get value of the resistor and current

In summary: A and 12v=11.122 mA) fig 2 (9v=1.472 mA and 12v=12.882 mA) i3=2.48 mAIn summary, you are required to find the resistance R3 and current i3 in two voltage sources. R3 is 560 ohm.
Hamood97
resistor.jpg

Homework Statement

finding the resistor and current which is following through the circuit[/B]

Homework Equations

kirchhoff law

The Attempt at a Solution

almost as fig 1 ( 9v=3.458 mA and 12v=11.122 mA)
fig 2 (9v=1.472 mA and 12v=12.882 mA) i3=2.48 mA

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Hamood97,

Welcome to Physics Forums!

Hamood97 said:
View attachment 113220

Homework Statement

finding the resistor and current which is following through the circuit[/B]
I presume that you are required to find the resistance R3? (It's hard to tell because the writing on the image is very small). What current are you meant to find?

Homework Equations

kirchhoff law

The Attempt at a Solution

almost as fig 1 ( 9v=3.458 mA and 12v=11.122 mA)
fig 2 (9v=1.472 mA and 12v=12.882 mA) i3=2.48 mA
Is that meant to specify the currents produced by the voltage sources? It doesn't make sense to equate voltages and currents in an equation so that is my guess. The diagram doesn't indicate where i3 is.

Likes Hamood97
thanks for your reply. i should have told you before about value of R3 which is 560 ohm. i want to find all the currents in figure 1 and figure 2.

Okay, perhaps to avoid confusion you should annotate your drawing to show currents and their directions.

What circuit analysis technique(s) have you applied? Can you show your work?

Untitled.jpg
IMG_0985.JPG

R3 =560

It really would be better if you could type in your equations. It's hard to make out others' handwriting when it's sideways.

You didn't identify your loop currents on the diagram, but after looking at your equations I determined that this was where you started and that you chose to use mesh current analysis:

upload_2017-2-15_10-55-10.png

It would better if you stated these things so that others don't have to puzzle it out before thy can help you. Typing in your equations would also be a big help. That way helpers can easily quote them for commentary.

Your mathematical results for the three mesh currents look okay to me.

Your experimental results for figure 2 look a bit off if the math is to be believed. Perhaps not all the resistor values are precise (cheap resistors can be +/- 20% in value)? Did you measure the voltage source values while the circuit was in operation (to make sure they didn't change value under load)?

Related to Find the two figures and the get value of the resistor and current

1. How do I find the two figures?

To find the two figures, you will need to have a circuit diagram or image of the circuit in question. Identify the two figures by carefully examining the diagram and determining which parts or components are being referred to as the two figures.

2. How do I determine the value of the resistor?

The value of the resistor can be determined by reading the color bands on the resistor or by using a multimeter to measure the resistance. If you do not have access to the circuit or resistor, you may also be able to find the value by looking up the part number or by using a schematic diagram of the circuit.

3. How can I calculate the current in the circuit?

The current in a circuit can be calculated using Ohm's Law, which states that current (I) is equal to voltage (V) divided by resistance (R). So, I = V/R. You will need to know the values of the voltage and resistance to calculate the current. Alternatively, you can also measure the current using an ammeter.

4. What are the units for the value of the resistor and current?

The value of a resistor is measured in ohms (Ω) and the current is measured in amperes (A). These are the standard units for resistance and current in the International System of Units (SI).

5. Why is it important to find the two figures and determine the values of the resistor and current?

It is important to find the two figures and determine the values of the resistor and current in a circuit because it allows us to understand how the circuit is functioning and how much electricity is flowing through it. This information is crucial for troubleshooting and making any necessary adjustments or repairs to the circuit.