Find the Perfect Science Graduate Program: Compare Options in the US and Canada

Another helpful resource is the National Research Council's Data-Based Assessment of Research-Doctorate Programs, which provides data on the quality and productivity of graduate programs in various fields. In summary, for those seeking to compare science graduate programs, resources like U.S. News & World Report and the National Research Council can provide valuable information on program quality and options.
carag
I did a forum search but with like a million pages on here, it was hard to sort out.

Wanting to know if any of you guys know a website (or book) for comparing science programs at the graduate level in the US or Canada (engineering especially).

I am now aware of a few useful sites like http://www.collegeboard.org/" and also a book called college Prowler (I believe) that focuses mostly on campus statistics like crime and racial spread.

If there is a niche tool for comparing the actual content and options of science graduate programs though, that would be fantastic... anyone??

thanks ahead of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The best resource that I'm aware of for comparing science graduate programs is the U.S. News & World Report's Best Graduate Schools rankings. You can search by program type and school name to find detailed information on each program, such as faculty-to-student ratio, average GRE scores, acceptance rates, and more. Additionally, you can find detailed reviews from students on the websites of individual universities.

Related to Find the Perfect Science Graduate Program: Compare Options in the US and Canada

1. What are the differences between various science programs?

The differences between science programs can vary depending on the specific field of study and university. Some factors to consider when comparing programs include the curriculum, research opportunities, faculty expertise, and available resources.

2. How do I know which science program is the best fit for me?

Choosing the right science program depends on your interests, career goals, and academic strengths. Researching the program's curriculum, faculty, and career outcomes can help you determine if it aligns with your interests and goals.

3. Are there any specific requirements for admission into a science program?

Each science program may have different admission requirements, but some common prerequisites may include a strong background in math and science courses, letters of recommendation, and standardized test scores.

4. Can I transfer credits between different science programs?

Transferring credits between science programs can be possible, but it depends on the specific courses and the policies of the university. It is best to speak with an academic advisor to determine the transferability of credits.

5. How do I determine the quality of a science program?

The quality of a science program can be evaluated by factors such as the program's accreditation, faculty credentials, research opportunities, and career outcomes of graduates. Additionally, reading reviews and talking to current or former students can also provide insight into the program's quality.