Find the Integer N, solution attached

• Thread starter chassiz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integer
In summary, the expression sin(2°) sin(4°) sin(6°)... sin(90°) can be simplified to a number of the form (n√5)/2^50, where "n" is an integer. To find the value of "n", you need to use the geometric sum formula and convert the product of sines into a sum. This may require some algebraic manipulation, but there are limited methods to do so. If you are having trouble, seeking help from others may be beneficial.
chassiz

Homework Statement

The expression sin(2°) sin(4°) sin(6°)... sin(90°) is equal to a number of the form (n√5)/2^50
where "n" is an integer. Find n

Homework Equations

geometric sum: a/ 1-r

The Attempt at a Solution

I found the solution online but have no idea how they got it... been going back and forth trying to figure it out on my own but I don't understand. Any help would be appreciated everyone. Thanks!

Attachments

• solution 7.jpg
    solution 7.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 462
Physics news on Phys.org
Never mind the online solution
How would you go about finding the answer?
You need to be able to use the geometric sum stuff - so you need to be able to change the product of sines into a sum of something - there are not many different ways to do this.

Likes 1 person

Related to Find the Integer N, solution attached

1. What is the purpose of "Find the Integer N"?

The purpose of "Find the Integer N" is to solve for a specific integer value, N, that satisfies a given equation or set of conditions.

2. How do I approach solving for N?

The first step in solving for N is to carefully read and understand the given problem or equation. Then, you can try to manipulate the equation or use algebraic methods to isolate the variable N and find its value.

3. What if there are multiple solutions for N?

If there are multiple solutions for N, it is important to carefully check your work and ensure that all solutions satisfy the given equation or conditions. Additionally, it may be helpful to graph the equation or use other methods to verify the solutions.

4. Can I use a calculator to find the solution for N?

In most cases, you can use a calculator to find the solution for N. However, it is important to understand the underlying concepts and not solely rely on a calculator for solving problems.

5. Are there any shortcuts or tips for solving "Find the Integer N" problems?

Some possible tips for solving "Find the Integer N" problems include carefully checking your work, using algebraic methods to isolate N, and graphing the equation to visualize potential solutions. Additionally, it may be helpful to break down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts. Practice and familiarity with different types of equations can also improve problem-solving skills.