Find the charge on the capacitor and the currents

In summary, a capacitor is an electronic component that stores electrical energy in the form of an electric charge. Its charge can be calculated by multiplying the capacitance and voltage, and it is directly proportional to the current flowing through it. The current through a capacitor can be found by taking the derivative of the charge with respect to time or by dividing the voltage by the capacitance. Eventually, the current through a capacitor stops flowing due to the increasing potential difference and electric field.
Fatima Hasan

Homework Statement

Capture.png

Homework Equations

##Q=CΔV##
##V=IR##

The Attempt at a Solution

C%281%29+%282%29%3A%5C%5CI_1%3D0.4A%5C%3A%5C%3A%5C%3A%20I_2%3D1.6A%5C%3A%5C%3A%5C%3AI_3%3D1.gif

Is my answer correct ?

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 632
  • C%281%29+%282%29%3A%5C%5CI_1%3D0.4A%5C%3A%5C%3A%5C%3A%20I_2%3D1.6A%5C%3A%5C%3A%5C%3AI_3%3D1.gif
    C%281%29+%282%29%3A%5C%5CI_1%3D0.4A%5C%3A%5C%3A%5C%3A%20I_2%3D1.6A%5C%3A%5C%3A%5C%3AI_3%3D1.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 608
Physics news on Phys.org
Fatima Hasan said:
Is my answer correct ?
Yes.

Likes Fatima Hasan
Yes, your results look fine. You should, though, provide more comments in your working to explain what you are doing at each step.

Related to Find the charge on the capacitor and the currents

What is a capacitor?

A capacitor is an electronic component that stores electrical energy in the form of an electric charge. It consists of two conductive plates separated by an insulator, known as a dielectric.

How is the charge on a capacitor calculated?

The charge on a capacitor is calculated by multiplying the capacitance (measured in farads) by the voltage across the capacitor (measured in volts). It can be expressed as Q = CV, where Q is the charge, C is the capacitance, and V is the voltage.

What is the relationship between the charge on a capacitor and the current flowing through it?

The charge on a capacitor is directly proportional to the current flowing through it. This means that as the charge on the capacitor increases, the current flowing through it also increases, and vice versa.

How do you find the current flowing through a capacitor?

The current flowing through a capacitor can be found by taking the derivative of the charge with respect to time. It can also be calculated by dividing the voltage across the capacitor by the capacitance, using the formula I = V/C.

Why does the current through a capacitor eventually stop flowing?

As a capacitor gets charged, the potential difference between its plates increases, causing the electric field to become stronger. Eventually, the electric field becomes strong enough to prevent any more charge from flowing, resulting in the current through the capacitor stopping.