Find the area of the bounded region

In summary, the conversation is about finding the area bounded by a function where 0≤theta≤pie. The suggested method is to use double integrals, but the speaker is unsure about the set up of the integral due to confusion with the graph of the function. The other person reassures them that the integrals are set up correctly and that the function will naturally create a loop or spiral unless the argument is bounded, in this case between 0 and π. The speaker thanks the other person for their help.
tix24
Hi guys I am very new here this is my second post. (sorry in advance i don't know how to use the functions of the site fully yet)

i think this is the correct method to follow, some feedback or hints would be great thanks in advance!

1. Homework Statement

Find the area bounded by where 0≤theta≤pie

r=1/√(1+theta)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

(∫ dtheta ) (∫rdr)

bounds of integration ∫dtheta from o to pie

bounds of integration ∫rdr from 0 to r=1/√(1+theta)

Physics news on Phys.org
Good start, now you just need to perform the integrals.

Orodruin said:
Good start, now you just need to perform the integrals.
im more worried about the method, we are suppose to use double integrals, but i got confused over the graph of this function. I checked it in wolfram and it was looping in it self, that is why i don't know if the integrals are set up correctly or not.
any tips regarding the set up of the integral it self?

You already did. Naturally, if you give the radius as a function of an angle, you will get some sort of loop or spiral unless you bound the argument. In your case it is bounded to be between 0 and π.

Orodruin said:
You already did. Naturally, if you give the radius as a function of an angle, you will get some sort of loop or spiral unless you bound the argument. In your case it is bounded to be between 0 and π.
thank you very much, it was very helpful of you

Related to Find the area of the bounded region

1. How do I find the area of a bounded region?

To find the area of a bounded region, you need to first determine the boundaries of the region. This can be done by looking at the given information or by drawing a diagram. Once you have the boundaries, you can use the appropriate formula (such as the area of a rectangle, triangle, or circle) to calculate the area of the bounded region.

2. What information do I need to find the area of a bounded region?

The information needed to find the area of a bounded region will depend on the shape of the region. Generally, you will need to know the dimensions (length, width, radius, etc.) of the boundaries or have a diagram that clearly shows the boundaries of the region.

3. Is there a specific formula for finding the area of a bounded region?

Yes, there are specific formulas for finding the area of different shapes such as rectangles, triangles, circles, and more. It is important to use the correct formula for the specific shape of the bounded region you are trying to find the area of.

4. Can I use the same formula to find the area of any bounded region?

No, the formula for finding the area of a bounded region will vary depending on the shape of the region. For example, the formula for finding the area of a rectangle cannot be used to find the area of a circle. It is important to use the appropriate formula for the specific shape of the bounded region.

5. Why is it important to find the area of a bounded region?

Finding the area of a bounded region is important in many fields of study such as mathematics, engineering, and science. It allows us to determine the amount of space occupied by the region and can be used in various calculations and applications. It is also a fundamental concept in geometry and can help us understand and analyze different shapes and their properties.