Find magnetic flux density B circulation in closed contour

In summary, by using Ampere's law and the equation ∫B⋅dl=μ0⋅I, we can find the magnetic flux density B circulation in a closed contour consisting of a square with perimeter 4b and a square conductor with perimeter 4a. By taking the line integral over any one of the four current-carrying side sections, we get the circulation of B to be μ0j(a)^3. Adding this to the line integral over any section of the large perimeter with zero current, we get the final answer of μ0j(a)^3.
Tegalad

Homework Statement

Find magnetic flux density B circulation in closed contour. The countour consists of square with a perimeter of 4b. It includes a square conductor with a perimeter of 4a. A homogenic current flows through a conductor with a current density of j.
kIPvEOH.png

Homework Equations

∫B⋅dl=μ0⋅I[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

I get this equation ∫B⋅dl=μ0⋅j⋅a2 but the answer says that the integration contour is Γ. How do I get the Γ? ΓB⋅dl=μ0⋅j⋅a2

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, since it's been nearly 120 hrs (5 days) with no other posters,I will suggest:
(1) line integral of H over ANY section of the large perimeter WITH ZERO CURRENT EVERYWHERE = 0. This includes the two "a" sections common to the large & small perimeters.
(2) line integral over any one of the four current-carrying section sides (by Ampere's law) = ja2(a) = ja3.
(3) Thus the circulation of H over the two common "a" sections = 2ja3 and of course B = μ0H.
(4) Add (3) to (1) and you get the answer of (3).

Related to Find magnetic flux density B circulation in closed contour

1. How do you calculate magnetic flux density B circulation in a closed contour?

To calculate magnetic flux density B circulation in a closed contour, you can use the formula B = μ₀I/2πr, where μ₀ is the permeability of free space, I is the current flowing through the contour, and r is the distance from the center of the contour. This formula is known as Ampere's law.

2. What is the unit of measurement for magnetic flux density B circulation?

The unit of measurement for magnetic flux density B circulation is Tesla (T). One Tesla is equal to one Newton per Ampere per meter (N/A·m).

3. Can magnetic flux density B circulation be negative?

Yes, magnetic flux density B circulation can be negative. This occurs when the direction of the current is opposite to the direction of the magnetic field, resulting in a negative value for B circulation. However, the magnitude of the B circulation will still be positive.

4. How is the direction of magnetic flux density B circulation determined?

The direction of magnetic flux density B circulation is determined by the right-hand rule. If you point your thumb in the direction of the current, the direction in which your fingers curl will indicate the direction of the magnetic field.

5. What is the significance of finding magnetic flux density B circulation in a closed contour?

Finding magnetic flux density B circulation in a closed contour allows us to determine the strength and direction of the magnetic field at a specific point. This is useful in understanding the behavior of magnetic fields and their effects on various materials and devices.