Find Arc Length with TI-Nspire Calculator

In summary, the TI N Spire does not have a specific function for finding arc length, but it does have the ability to solve integrals. Some users have created programs to prompt for limits and a function in order to calculate arc length, but this can also be done manually using the integration function.
ineedhelpnow
how do i use the nspire to find arc length?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think that there is an arclength function. But the formula for arclength is $\displaystyle \begin{align*} \int_a^b{ \sqrt{ 1 + \left( \frac{\mathrm{d}y}{\mathrm{d}x} \right) ^2 } \, \mathrm{d}x } \end{align*}$, and the TI N Spire does have the ability to solve integrals.

what i normally do is use the integration function but i noticed there was something for arc length and i figured it would be much easier (if i knew how to use it) using that instead of inputting the whole thing.

oh that's all it does? i thought all i had to was put in the original equation and it would solve. never mind then. function isn't as useful as i thought. thanks tho.

ineedhelpnow said:
what i normally do is use the integration function but i noticed there was something for arc length and i figured it would be much easier (if i knew how to use it) using that instead of inputting the whole thing.

oh that's all it does? i thought all i had to was put in the original equation and it would solve. never mind then. function isn't as useful as i thought. thanks tho.

I don't own one of those, but I own a TI-89 and have owned many TI graphing calculators in the past, and I am certain you could write a program that would prompt you for the limits and the function, and then would compute the arc length and then output the result. I used to love programming my calculators. :D

i used to have the ti-89 but i didnt really use it for anything besides simple stuff. once i got the ti-nspire, it was way easier because everything is already formatted. i think the best idea is to just use with the calculator offers me because I am pretty confident ill break it otherwise. :D

Related to Find Arc Length with TI-Nspire Calculator

What is the formula for finding arc length on a TI-Nspire calculator?

The formula for finding arc length on a TI-Nspire calculator is L = rθ, where L represents the arc length, r represents the radius of the circle, and θ represents the central angle in radians.

How do I input the variables into the TI-Nspire calculator to find arc length?

To find arc length on a TI-Nspire calculator, you will need to input the values for the radius and central angle into the L = rθ formula. You can do this by using the input keys on the calculator or by using the appropriate function from the calculator's menu.

Can I find arc length for any type of circle using a TI-Nspire calculator?

Yes, the TI-Nspire calculator can be used to find arc length for any type of circle, including circles with diameters, circumferences, and radii. However, the circle must be a perfect circle, meaning it has a constant radius throughout.

Can I find arc length for multiple arcs on the same circle using a TI-Nspire calculator?

Yes, the TI-Nspire calculator allows you to find arc length for multiple arcs on the same circle. You can do this by inputting the respective values for each arc into the L = rθ formula and adding the resulting arc lengths together.

Does the TI-Nspire calculator provide the option to convert arc length from radians to degrees?

Yes, the TI-Nspire calculator has a built-in function to convert arc length from radians to degrees. This can be accessed through the "Angle" menu on the calculator. Simply input the arc length in radians and select the option to convert to degrees.