Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Finally registered the minor

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I was a little worry about how to proceed in mahtematics as I didn't take any real courses in mathematics beside the usual requested ones in my major (CS) . I registered in the minor program which gives me the ability to register 4 courses from the Maths department . I enrolled this semester in real analysis and introduction to sets and structure course . Can't wait to really involve in the real meat .

Klaas van Aarsen

MHB Seeker
Staff member
Mar 5, 2012
I was a little worry about how to proceed in mahtematics as I didn't take any real courses in mathematics beside the usual requested ones in my major (CS) . I registered in the minor program which gives me the ability to register 4 courses from the Maths department . I enrolled this semester in real analysis and introduction to sets and structure course . Can't wait to really involve in the real meat .
Hey ZaidAlyafey!

What's keeping you from doing the real meat now instead of waiting for it?
Waiting doesn't sound very productive. ;)
I used to take courses and examinations in advance of them being part of my program.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Hey ZaidAlyafey!

What's keeping you from doing the real meat now instead of waiting for it?
Waiting doesn't sound very productive. ;)
I used to take courses and examinations in advance of them being part of my program.
Absolutely agree with you. My previous studies were completely self-study but I learnt that this is not enough especially if applying for higher studies , I needed some proofs of what I really know. I was hoping to be able to pass some courses by just taking a promotion exam but they refused and said I have to take the full course :( . I attended a graduate course in complex analysis a year ago but not even registered . Hope they change their system and not have to wait a full semester before taking a course .