Feynman Lecture Series: Read Vol 2 Before Vol 1?

In summary, the Feynman Lecture Series is a set of three books written by Richard Feynman based on lectures he gave at the California Institute of Technology in the 1960s. It is recommended to read Volume 2 before Volume 1 as the material builds upon concepts introduced in the first volume. While it is possible to understand Volume 2 without reading Volume 1, it is recommended to read them in order for a complete understanding. The lectures are suitable for non-scientists, but some background in physics may be helpful. It is not necessary to read all three volumes, but reading all three will provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter.
Alchemist_007
Hey everyone,I bought all 3 books of Feynman lecture series today.I am in third year of Bsc in Physics course.So I know the basics of the subject. Will it be OK if I read volume 2 i.e. electromagnetism and matter before and then read volume one ?

Physics news on Phys.org
The material in Volume 2 builds on the material in Volume 1.

What is the Feynman Lecture Series?

The Feynman Lecture Series is a set of three books written by physicist Richard Feynman, based on a series of lectures he gave at the California Institute of Technology in the 1960s.

Why should I read Volume 2 before Volume 1?

The lectures in Volume 2 build upon concepts and ideas introduced in Volume 1, so reading them in order will provide a better understanding of the material.

Can I read Volume 2 without reading Volume 1?

While it is possible to understand some of the material in Volume 2 without reading Volume 1, it is recommended to read them in order for a complete understanding.

Are the Feynman Lectures suitable for non-scientists?

The Feynman Lectures are written for a general audience and do not require advanced scientific knowledge to understand. However, some background in physics may be helpful in fully comprehending the material.

Do I need to read all three volumes?

Each volume covers different topics in physics, so it is not necessary to read all three. However, reading all three will provide a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter.