Feeling Alone: Dealing With Friends Going to University

In summary, Jimmy is feeling lonely and jealous because his friends are going to uni and he's not. He's decided to take a break from the internet and social media, but still wants to send his friend a cheque for help with his A-Levels.
jimmy p
Gold Member
All alone...

I haven't been on for a while. My friends are going to uni. It sucks. I'm jealous.

Physics news on Phys.org
hehe get your ass in gear then

i_wish_i_was_smart said:
hehe get your ass in gear then

You arent supposed to laugh. You were supposed to say "aww jimmy p, I'm so sorry for you, let me send you a cheque".

Cheques payable to

jimmy p pocket fund
Charitable yet Worthless Causes
England
PO box U0ME L0T5

A couple of people I know resitted their A-Levels and got good results. I think it would help a lot if you did this. You'll just be a year behind your friends, which isn't so bad as you'll still get to see them. :smile:

And, you may even be able to get them to help you with your homework, which is definitely an added advantage! :wink:

recon said:
A couple of people I know resitted their A-Levels and got good results. I think it would help a lot if you did this. You'll just be a year behind your friends, which isn't so bad as you'll still get to see them. :smile:

And, you may even be able to get them to help you with your homework, which is definitely an added advantage! :wink:

:smile: :smile: I am already a year behind my original friends. This would be a year behind the friends I made THIS year. I'm sick of lame-levels. I'll reap my fortunes in the world of full time work or rock stardom. But I need your cheques!

jimmy p said:
But I need your cheques!

Code:
|            from                |
|     recon's account            |
----------------------------------

The blank space is for you to fill. Don't bleed my account dry, ok? :shy:

i read your journal : "But life goes on". By saying this, i will guess that you are just doing fine because you know that life goes on.

"Promise me that you will never give up, no matter how hopeless it is".
(Adapted from the motion picture : "Titanic"
)

jimmy p said:
I haven't been on for a while. My friends are going to uni. It sucks. I'm jealous.
Hey, wheres your gf ?

Casio said:
Hey, wheres your gf ?

Girlfriend? What is one of those? I haven't had one for almost 10 months now. They are almost a myth now. Another reason why it sucks. :mad:

jimmy p said:
Cheques payable to

jimmy p pocket fund
England
PO box U0ME L0T5

You take money orders, too?

How about loose change ? :wink: I've got a tall shot glass filled with pennies. :biggrin:

I hear Amway has some great opportunities. :biggrin:

Poor Jimmy. What are we going to do with you? :cry: :cry: :cry:

What do you plan to do? Are you going to school next year? If so, for what?

I still think Jimmy should come study at a U.S. university.
But that's just me.

Yeah, if you come to Ohio State, you could live off my pennies and on betting on the Buckeyes...

But if you come to MY school you could major in surfing!

I think as I live on of the nearest to Jimmy P that I should help..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................but there again it is early in the morning and I am off to college in 30 minutes.

Oh Chopnik, you have a job in which you can sell information. That makes money.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Math Is Hard said:
But if you come to MY school you could major in surfing!

Dude, I'm there... Does everyone who takes that course sound like Bill and Ted?

As for The Bob's idea... sell information huh? Who wants to here some information? 10 bucks a time.

Cheques payable to

jimmy p pocket fund
England
PO box U0ME L0T5

And yes, we do take cash orders. And pennys. You ship 'em, we'll take 'em!

Gokul43201 said:
I've got a tall shot glass filled with pennies. :biggrin:

I figured you'd use your shot glass for more fulfilling reasons.
:rolleyes:

I am only ever a phonecall away.

Chrono said:
I figured you'd use your shot glass for more fulfilling reasons.
:rolleyes:

I've got 24 :bugeye: different shot glasses (more including repeats). I rarely have to use them all simultaneously ! :wink:

Related to Feeling Alone: Dealing With Friends Going to University

1. How can I cope with my friends going to university?

It can be difficult to adjust to your friends being away at university, but there are some things you can do to cope. Stay in touch through phone calls, video chats, and social media. Also, try to make new friends and pursue your own interests to fill the void.

2. Is it normal to feel lonely when my friends go to university?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel lonely when your friends go to university. It is a big change and it is natural to miss the company of your friends. However, remember that this is a temporary situation and you will eventually adjust to the new dynamic.

3. What can I do to maintain my friendships when my friends go to university?

Communication is key in maintaining friendships when your friends go to university. Make sure to schedule regular catch-up sessions, send care packages, and plan trips to visit each other. Also, try to be understanding of each other's busy schedules and prioritize your friendship.

4. How can I make new friends when my old friends are away at university?

Making new friends can be intimidating, but it is important to put yourself out there and try new things. Join clubs or organizations that align with your interests, attend social events, and be open to meeting new people. Remember, your old friends are just a phone call away and you can still maintain those friendships even while making new ones.

5. Will my friendship change when my friends go to university?

It is possible that your friendship may change as your friends go to university. They may have new experiences and meet new people, and you may also have your own new experiences. However, if the friendship is strong, it will withstand these changes and you can continue to support and be there for each other despite the distance.