Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001

In summary, the device has a lot of advantages, but it may not be well-suited for certain applications.
Cycloid Drive Cam
I've recently patented a device which converts high speed rotary motion to slow speed, ultraprecise, high force linear motion using a single, compact moving part. I've just begun the marketing/licensing process but am having trouble getting any useful feedback. If you'd be so kind, please look at the details of my invention at the link below and advise me as to what you think the positives and negatives of my invention are.

Thank you!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Cycloid Drive Cam said:
I've recently patented a device which converts high speed rotary motion to slow speed, ultraprecise, high force linear motion using a single, compact moving part. I've just begun the marketing/licensing process but am having trouble getting any useful feedback. If you'd be so kind, please look at the details of my invention at the link below and advise me as to what you think the positives and negatives of my invention are.

Thank you!

Welcome to the PF.

What are the target applications that you designed this for? I see there is a slide in your presentation comparing it to a linear screw mechanism -- is the advantage of your mechanism a bigger divide-down ratio?

I originally conceived the idea while designing autofocus lenses but the device serves any application requiring conversion of high speed rotary input motion to high force, slow speed, short range linear output motion. I've listed all the advantages at 7:38 in the video but in summary they are speed reductions up to 100:1, torque multiplications up to 100X, very high linear output forces, compactness, easily manufactured single moving part, compactness and infinitely variable "pitches" (ie. for every input rotation any linear step distance desired within the total range of movement).

Maybe you can check if there are specialized exhibitions where you can show your design and talk to other companies about your product.

Related to Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001

1. What is the purpose of "Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001"?

The purpose of "Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001" is to gather feedback and reviews from others regarding U.S. Patent 9,052,001. This feedback can help improve the patent and its potential applications.

2. Who can provide feedback for "Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001"?

Anyone can provide feedback for "Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001". This includes other scientists, researchers, and individuals who have knowledge or expertise in the field of the patent.

3. How can I provide feedback for "Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001"?

You can provide feedback for "Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001" by directly contacting the inventor or the patent office. You may also be able to leave a review or comment on the patent's official webpage or on relevant online forums and communities.

4. Is my feedback confidential for "Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001"?

It depends on the inventor's or patent office's policies. Some may require you to sign a non-disclosure agreement before providing feedback, while others may allow open reviews and comments. It is important to clarify the confidentiality terms before providing feedback.

5. How will my feedback be used for "Feedback Request Re U.S. Pat. 9,052,001"?

Your feedback will be used to assess the effectiveness and potential of U.S. Patent 9,052,001. It may also be used to make improvements or modifications to the patent. Your feedback may also be referenced in future patent applications or publications.