FE Exam Sample Questions anyone?

• Thread starter quantumdude
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary, the FE Exam is a test administered by the NCEES to assess the knowledge and skills of individuals seeking to become licensed engineers in the US. Eligibility for the exam is based on completing an ABET-accredited engineering degree or having significant engineering experience. The exam covers a variety of topics and is scored pass/fail based on the number of correct answers. Resources such as study guides and practice exams are available to help prepare for the exam.
quantumdude
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Howdy,

I'm tutoring these 3 people for the FE Exam, and they haven't done any math in a looooong time. We're working out of an FE Exam manual, but we're going to run out of questions fast. Does anyone know where a good source of questions can be found online?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
you can search in internet

you can search in internet ..if you are lucky you can find some of the sample questions.
I found some yesterday...

do you have some PDF file and can share with us... contact me by PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would recommend looking for additional resources such as practice exams and study guides specifically designed for the FE Exam. These can often be found online through reputable sources such as the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) website or through review courses offered by professional engineering organizations. It is important to ensure that the resources are up to date and aligned with the current exam format. Additionally, I would suggest reaching out to other engineers who have successfully taken the exam for tips and advice on study materials and strategies. Good luck with your tutoring sessions!

Related to FE Exam Sample Questions anyone?

What is the FE Exam?

The FE Exam (Fundamentals of Engineering Exam) is an exam administered by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) that assesses the knowledge and skills of individuals seeking to become licensed engineers in the United States.

Who is eligible to take the FE Exam?

Individuals who have completed an ABET-accredited engineering degree or are within one year of completing such a degree are eligible to take the FE Exam. Additionally, some states allow individuals with significant engineering experience to take the exam without an engineering degree.

What topics are covered on the FE Exam?

The FE Exam covers a range of topics including mathematics, ethics and professional practice, engineering economics, statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, materials science, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and computer-based simulations and programming. A full list of topics can be found on the NCEES website.

How is the FE Exam scored?

The FE Exam is a computer-based exam and is scored on a pass/fail basis. There is no penalty for incorrect answers, so it is recommended to answer every question even if you are unsure of the answer. The score is based on the number of questions answered correctly.

How can I prepare for the FE Exam?

There are many resources available to help prepare for the FE Exam, including study guides, practice exams, and review courses. It is also recommended to review your engineering coursework and to become familiar with the exam's format and question types. The NCEES website also provides a free practice exam to help you prepare.