Where to Buy Sokal's Fashionable Nonsense eBook?

• Thread starter Dragonfall
  • Start date
In summary, "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook is a critical analysis of the misuse of scientific language in the fashion industry. It was written by Alan Sokal and Jean Bricmont with the aim of bringing attention to this issue and promoting critical thinking and skepticism. The book is accessible to a general audience and highlights the importance of clear and accurate communication of scientific concepts, as well as the consequences of misusing scientific language in perpetuating misinformation.
Dragonfall
"Fashionable Nonsense" eBook

Does anyone know where I can buy Sokal's Fashionable Nonsense in eBook form?

Physics news on Phys.org

Dragonfall said:
Does anyone know where I can buy Sokal's Fashionable Nonsense in eBook form?
It is not available for purchase as an e-book.

I thought it was going to be a pop-maths book on category theory.. Then I remembered who Sokal is.

Related to Where to Buy Sokal's Fashionable Nonsense eBook?

1. What is "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook about?

"Fashionable Nonsense" eBook is a critical analysis of the use and abuse of scientific language in fashion and fashion photography. It explores how scientific concepts and terms are often misused or misrepresented in the fashion industry, leading to confusion and misinformation.

2. Who wrote "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook?

"Fashionable Nonsense" eBook was written by Alan Sokal and Jean Bricmont, two physicists and intellectuals who are known for their work in the fields of science and philosophy.

3. What inspired the writing of "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook?

The authors were inspired to write "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook after noticing the widespread misuse of scientific language in the fashion industry. They wanted to bring attention to this issue and encourage critical thinking and skepticism when it comes to scientific claims made in the context of fashion.

4. Is "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook only for scientists?

No, "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook is written for a general audience and does not require a background in science to understand. It aims to educate and engage readers from all backgrounds on the topic of the misuse of scientific language in fashion.

5. What are some of the key takeaways from "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook?

Some key takeaways from "Fashionable Nonsense" eBook include the importance of critical thinking and skepticism when it comes to scientific claims, the need for clear and accurate communication of scientific concepts, and the impact of the misuse of scientific language in perpetuating misinformation and confusion in the fashion industry.