Farewell @Drakkith: Mentor Change Jan 2018

• Announcement
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Drakkith is leaving the Mentor group. For over a year he's been balancing school work with his Mentor duties and now is the time to focus on school work full time. @Drakkith has been involved in so many ways and we will miss his leadership in the Mentor group. However he has assured us he's not going anywhere and will remain active in the community.
I'm here to announce that @Drakkith is leaving the Mentor group. For over a year he's been balancing school work with his Mentor duties and now is the time to focus on school work full time. @Drakkith has been involved in so many ways and we will miss his leadership in the Mentor group. However he has assured us he's not going anywhere and will remain active in the community.

Coincidentally @Drakkith has just completed his Mentor interview. It's a good one! Give it a read.
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/interview-with-a-mentor-drakkith-comments.937250/

Likes ISamson, QuantumQuest, cnh1995 and 5 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Good luck w/ the studies @Drakkith . Sorry to see you go as a mentor but studies come first.

Likes davenn and Greg Bernhardt
Good luck @Drakkith! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
I'm happy that Drakkith will still be around to give me my much needed dose of kittens. You'll always be a mentor in my eyes Drak.

Thanks for your work @Drakkith!
It was excellent that you accepted my bribe to step down as mentor, @Drakkith.
One down, a few more to go; soon PF will be ruled by me, with @Greg Bernhardt as my apprentice,
and together we will rule the science world as master and apprentice.
And then PF will only allow threads about dark energy and dark matter.

Likes davenn, cnh1995 and Ibix
DennisN said:
One down, a few more to go; soon PF will be ruled by me, with @Greg Bernhardt as my apprentice,
I'm already under a robot's control. You need to take out @jedishrfu.

*hears footsteps, hides

Likes davenn, cnh1995, Borg and 1 other person
Thanks all!

Likes pinball1970, DennisN, Ibix and 1 other person
Drakkith said:
Thanks all!
Thanks for giving your time as a mentor. I'll miss your excellent mentorship.

Likes Drakkith
Argh...
My mind control attempt of the neophyte Mentors to take over the forum appears to have collapsed, as the last of my great signature post quotes, is now emeritutidud-ed...

ps. Still don't know where the hell lisab came up with that "garden gnome" thing.

In any event. Good luck!

Likes Drakkith
OmCheeto said:
ps. Still don't know where the hell lisab came up with that "garden gnome" thing.
SU-2?

Good luck @Drakkith !, thanks for your support :redface::angel:

Likes Drakkith
Likes Drakkith
I like Harry Potter too!
Thanks Drakkith for all the contributions and help... Good luck with everything!

Likes Drakkith
Thank you Drakkith!

Likes Drakkith
@Greg Bernhardt

so out of interest ... in cases like this where some one may not necessary want to completely "retire" from mentorship
is there an option for some one to take a sabbatical and return to the role at a later time when other life pressures ease up
eg, drakkith finishes his studies ?

thanks for your efforts @Drakkith :)Dave

Likes Drakkith
Wanted to have put a note here a lot earlier ... never too late. One of my favourite mentors, @Drakkith, is still always a mentor (*) ...

[ (*) I just realized that perhaps that's why I had missed out on putting a note here, in a mentor retirement thread! ... :smile::wink: ]

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Stavros Kiri said:
One of my favourite mentors, @Drakkith, is still always a mentor (*) ...

The comment is nice, but the roses were too much... :wink:

Drakkith said:
The comment is nice, but the roses were too much... :wink:
There's no roses ...

Stavros Kiri said:
There's no roses ...

Then who sent these?
*Holds up a dozen roses*

Drakkith said:
Then who sent these?
*Holds up a dozen roses*
Ooups! You got me

Likes Drakkith
Stavros Kiri said:
..One of my favourite mentors, @Drakkith, is still always a mentor ...
Jeez, don't encourage him. His head is already so big he can't actually wear that helmet any more :smile:

Likes Drakkith
phinds said:
Jeez, don't encourage him. His head is already so big he can't actually wear that helmet any more :smile:
That's OK. It's called Evolution ...
Drakkith said:
roses
"Roses are red, violets are blue, who needs the helmet, since Drakkith's head grew! ..."
S. K.

phinds said:
I was going to say, just wait a bit and phinds will come along and shred the roses. :oldtongue:

Likes Stavros Kiri

Related to Farewell @Drakkith: Mentor Change Jan 2018

1. What is the reason for the mentor change?

The reason for the mentor change is to provide new and diverse perspectives for mentees, as well as to give mentors the opportunity to mentor different individuals and expand their own knowledge and skills.

2. Will this change affect the quality of mentorship?

No, the quality of mentorship will not be affected by this change. All mentors are highly qualified and experienced in their respective fields and are committed to providing the best mentorship possible.

3. How will mentees be assigned new mentors?

Mentees will be assigned new mentors based on their specific interests and needs, as well as the availability and expertise of the mentors. This process will be carefully coordinated to ensure a smooth transition for all parties involved.

4. Can mentees request a specific mentor?

While mentees can express their preferences for a specific mentor, the final decision will be based on the mentor's availability and expertise. The mentorship program aims to provide a well-rounded experience for mentees, so it is important to keep an open mind and trust in the mentor selection process.

5. Will there be any support for mentees during the transition to a new mentor?

Yes, there will be support for mentees during the transition to a new mentor. Mentees will have the opportunity to communicate with their current mentor and new mentor to discuss any concerns or questions they may have. Additionally, there may be a grace period for mentees to adjust to their new mentor before the mentorship officially begins.