Far Side Website with New Comics

• Thread starter BillTre
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Comics
In summary, The Far Side is an online comic collection by cartoonist Gary Larson, who recently decided to release an online version of his work. The website has a science section and a letter from Larson explaining his decision. The site also features an interview with Larson from the New York Times. The website uses cookies for advertising purposes, but it is possible to remove the cookie setting acceptance dialog. Larson is still alive, as indicated by his T-shirt in the website's banner. However, he has requested that people not share his cartoons without permission due to copyright concerns.
BillTre
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Is located here.

• Love
  • Haha
Likes DennisN, Klystron, jtbell and 6 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Bill. I always enjoyed his work. Interesting letter from Gary about why he decided to do the online version now...

https://www.thefarside.com/about/48/a-letter-from-gary-larson

1576679637060.png

Likes BillTre
BillTre said:
Is located here.
Alas, the site is light on content, and heavy on cookie policy:
sponsor (AMU) said:
Andrews McMeel Universal uses, and allows third party advertising partners to place, cookies on this website to understand site usage, recognize your repeat visits and preferences, and facilitate advertising. By continuing to use this website, you consent to the placement and use of cookies as described in our Privacy Policy.
[Privacy Policy link disabled]

I used 'Inspect > Select element > [right click] > Hide element' to remove the sponsor's displayed cookie setting acceptance dialog and the site didn't set any cookies.

Wow, I just happened to be thinking about The Far Side this morning, and now I see this. I was wondering if Larson was still alive!

Likes sysprog
jtbell said:
Wow, I just happened to be thinking about The Far Side this morning, and now I see this. I was wondering if Larson was still alive!
In the cartoon of him on his site's banner, his T-shirt says "STILL ALIVE" -- I'd post it here under fair use, but in deference to the courteous request in his letter, that people please take down copies of his cartoons that are published without permission of the copyright holder, and in keeping with PF's diligence about not violating copyright, I'll restrain myself. 😌

I am a big fan of The Far Side, there are many great cartoons that have made laugh...

Related to Far Side Website with New Comics

1. What is the Far Side website with new comics?

The Far Side website with new comics is a website that features new, never-before-seen comics from the popular comic strip "The Far Side" by Gary Larson.

2. Are the new comics on the Far Side website official?

Yes, the new comics on the Far Side website are official and have been created by Gary Larson himself.

3. How often are new comics added to the Far Side website?

New comics are added to the Far Side website on a regular basis, typically once a week.

4. Can I access past comics on the Far Side website?

Yes, the Far Side website also features a large archive of past comics from the original run of the strip.

5. Is there a fee to access the new comics on the Far Side website?

No, the Far Side website is free to access and does not require any payment to view the new comics or the archive of past comics.