Facebook Stock: Short Run Trading or Long Run Investment?

• Thread starter phoenix:\\
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the potential of Facebook stock in the long run and the short term. It also brings up a report of a man offering his home for a slice of FB stock, raising questions about the current state of the home-buying market. The conversation also mentions the comparison to the Tulip Bubble and the skepticism towards Facebook's stock.
phoenix:\\
I believe facebook stock wouldn't be that good in terms of the long run, but it might be good in terms of trading for a short run. Or, do I just lack the foresight to see what facebook's real value is in terms of the long run?

Oh, here's a report on a guy offering his home for a slice of FB stock:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/23/10830287-man-offers-his-home-for-facebook-stock

Or... is this guy onto something here? Is the home-buying market going up? If not, I can see the rationality behind his plea.

EDIT: Someone please edit the title!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
phoenix:\\ said:
I believe facebook stock wouldn't be that good in terms of the long run, but it might be good in terms of trading for a short run. Or, do I just lack the foresight to see what facebook's real value is in terms of the long run?

Oh, here's a report on a guy offering his home for a slice of FB stock:

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/23/10830287-man-offers-his-home-for-facebook-stock

Or... is this guy onto something here? Is the home-buying market going up? If not, I can see the rationality behind his plea.

EDIT: Someone please edit the title!

Google "tulip bubble"

Ignore the advertisements!

FB is over-rated, and its stock certainly is. It's just one more social networking site, albeit rather successful, but it's in a limited market, and competing against Google ads.

+1 to what Astronuc said. He wants pre IPO stocks of FB, if anything this sounds like a pump and dump scheme. I wouldn't touch FB stocks with a ten foot pole until I can see some dividend postings out of them. If I wanted to gamble with my money, a trip to Vegas is a much better way to do it.

As a scientist, it is important to approach this topic using data and evidence rather than personal opinions or speculation. In terms of Facebook stock, it is important to consider both short-term trading and long-term investment strategies. Short-term trading involves buying and selling stocks within a short period of time, usually based on market trends and fluctuations. On the other hand, long-term investment involves holding onto stocks for a longer period of time, with the expectation of a higher return on investment.

In the case of Facebook, it is difficult to accurately predict its long-term potential. While it may have a strong presence in the social media market currently, there are also potential risks and challenges that could impact its future growth. As a scientist, it is important to consider a variety of factors such as competition, technological advancements, and user behavior when evaluating the long-term potential of a company.

Regarding the report of a man offering his home for a slice of Facebook stock, this is not a reliable indicator of the company's true value. It is important to remember that individual actions or opinions do not necessarily reflect the overall market trends. As for the housing market, it is a complex and constantly changing market that cannot be solely determined by the actions of one individual.

In conclusion, as a scientist, it is important to carefully analyze all available data and information before making any conclusions about the potential of Facebook stock. While it may be a good option for short-term trading, the long-term potential remains uncertain and requires further research and analysis.

Related to Facebook Stock: Short Run Trading or Long Run Investment?

What is Facebook Stock and why is it popular?

Facebook Stock refers to the shares of ownership in Facebook, a social media company founded by Mark Zuckerberg in 2004. It is popular because Facebook is one of the largest and most influential social media platforms in the world, with over 2.7 billion monthly active users.

Is Facebook Stock a good investment?

The answer to this question depends on your investment goals and risk tolerance. Facebook has consistently shown strong financial performance and growth, making it a popular choice for long-term investment. However, short-term trading can also be profitable for those who closely monitor market trends and news related to the company.

What are the risks associated with investing in Facebook Stock?

As with any investment, there are risks involved with investing in Facebook Stock. These include market volatility, changes in user behavior, and regulatory challenges. It is important to conduct thorough research and consult with a financial advisor before making any investment decisions.

How do I determine the best time to buy or sell Facebook Stock?

The best time to buy or sell Facebook Stock depends on your investment strategy and goals. Some investors may choose to buy when the stock is undervalued, while others may wait for a dip in price before purchasing. It is important to carefully analyze market trends and the company's financial performance before making any decisions.

What factors can affect the value of Facebook Stock in the short and long term?

There are various factors that can affect the value of Facebook Stock in the short and long term. These include changes in user engagement, advertising revenue, competition, and regulatory changes. It is important to stay informed and regularly monitor these factors when considering investing in Facebook Stock.