Expressing Love for Nerdy Physics Shirts!

In summary, my physics teacher has a shirt that says "Let the F=ma be with you" Lol. It's a little cheesy I guess, but I love it. xD I ordered one that has the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle on it. I can't wait 'till it gets here!In summary, people own nerdy physics and science shirts. Some shirts focus on math or science concepts, while others are funny or poking fun at science. Some people have a few shirts, while others have many.
mezzoforte
Does anyone own any nerdy physics (or any science) shirts? My physics teacher has a shirt that says "Let the F=ma be with you" Lol. It's a little cheesy I guess, but I love it. xD I ordered one that has the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle on it. I can't wait 'till it gets here!

Physics news on Phys.org
I also have the Heisenberg shirt. Got it along with one that has an equation that graphs out, and is surrounded with, a heart-shaped curve.

Let's see, I have:
-Schrodinger's cat shirt,
-Escape velocity shirt,
-LHC shirt
-Maxwell's equations shirt
-Rocket scientist shirt
-Linux cheat shirt
-The "I, for one, welcome our computer overlords" shirt.
-A bunch of nerdy aerospace engineering shirts from the local AIAA section

I'm trying to get the Stand Back, I'm Going to Try Science! shirt.

Not exactly science, but my friend has a shirt that says "A rhombus is the kind of square a b!tch draws." Always a hit. It has the spelling without an exclamation mark.

My only geek shirt is the classic xkcd shirt: http://xkcd.com/54/" My students got it for me last year. Too bad I can't wear it to school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z=z^2+i

blue jeans and a T-shirt = work clothes

I have a Fermilab shirt I picked up from Ferbilab several years ago and a vintage--not faux vintage, but legitimately vintage--NASA space shuttle shirt. I guess I should buy more...

I've got a Math Counts mug. Does that count?

I'd have worn a t-shirt that says "May the m*a be with you."

Interestingly, as all my t-shirts are black, without logos of any kind, I suppose they're black hole t-shirts.

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't."

mugaliens said:
Interestingly, as all my t-shirts are black, without logos of any kind, I suppose they're black hole t-shirts.

They're functionnal "black body" radiation shirts!

i have one which says, time is relative and shows a student waking up and thinking its 8 am , where as its 1 am for the professor

Shirt:
The Internet is broken so I'm outside today.

Here's something I say pretty often:

[URL]http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/155/0/AAAAAoRAXV8AAAAAAVUOqQ.jpg?v=1222620241000[/URL]

The amount of requests from friends and family have gone through-the-roof over the past two years. I've also woven, "Sorry, I'm a physics nerd, not a computer science nerd" into the mix. I usually don't like such indirect responses, but it's the best I could come up with when my better-half suggested I show a smidg' of compassion when dealing with sensitive friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see, I have:

-Pluto Responds
-You are here (galaxy picture)
-Obey gravity, it's the law
-My normal approach is useless here (from xkcd)
-Factorial!
-Pi by numbers
-Stand back, I'm going to try science

And I know I've had plenty of others over the years I'm struggling to remember.

I have one that says, "I survived physics!" with all kinds of equations floating around a man screaming. Lol. And I have one that is a "pirate" shirt :)

mcknia07 said:
I have one that says, "I survived physics!" with all kinds of equations floating around a man screaming. Lol. And I have one that is a "pirate" shirt :)

That reminds me...my physical chemistry prof handed out, along with the final, bumper stickers that said "Honk If You Passed P-Chem"! Those were great!

Dr Lots-o'watts said:
They're functionnal "black body" radiation shirts!

That fits the facts better than my black hole theory. I have not, after all, swallowed the Earth.

I have a T-Shirt that has the caption "Stand Back, I'm a Professional!" along with a guy about to stick a fork into an outlet (I'm an EE, so I got a kick out of this):
http://www.snorgtees.com/stand-back-i-m-a-professional

Greg would probably make a decent finder's fee by linking to Snorg Tees or ThinkGeek (though he'd have to indicate that people should order one size larger than they normally do in the case of Snorg, lest an angry mob form!)

Related to Expressing Love for Nerdy Physics Shirts!

What are some popular nerdy physics shirt designs?

Some popular designs include shirts with equations, diagrams, puns, and references to famous physicists or scientific concepts.

Why do people love wearing nerdy physics shirts?

For many people, wearing a nerdy physics shirt is a way to show their love for science and to express their passion for the subject. It can also be a conversation starter and a way to connect with like-minded individuals.

Where can I buy nerdy physics shirts?

You can buy nerdy physics shirts online from various retailers, such as Amazon, Etsy, Redbubble, and ThinkGeek. You can also find them at science museums and gift shops.

Are there any specific guidelines for wearing nerdy physics shirts?

There are no specific guidelines for wearing nerdy physics shirts. It's all about personal preference and comfort. Some people like to wear them casually with jeans, while others may dress them up with a blazer or skirt. Just have fun and be yourself!

Can I customize my own nerdy physics shirt?

Yes, many retailers offer the option to customize your own nerdy physics shirt. You can choose the design, color, and even add your own text or equations. This is a great way to make the shirt even more personal and unique.