How Does a Career Change to Astronomy Begin?

In summary, exploring the universe can be an exciting and overwhelming journey for newcomers to astronomy. With the use of telescopes, space probes, and other advanced technology, scientists have been able to gather vast amounts of information about our universe, from our own solar system to distant galaxies. From observing the movements of celestial bodies to studying the laws of physics that govern the universe, there is always something new to discover and learn. With the ever-evolving field of astronomy, there are endless opportunities for newcomers to delve into and contribute to our understanding of the vast and mysterious universe we live in.
Stickman76
Hi everyone,

My name is Zack and I'm new to the forum. I recently changed careers from audio engineering to astronomy and am queuing up to attend the University of Oregon in about a year. I'm a big fan of all the historic great astronomers, scientists and others who have contributed to the body of knowledge we rely on to understand the cosmos as it really is. I have a good understanding of many of the basic principles that underpin the universe and look forward to mastering my knowledge with the help of this and other forums, my upcoming university education and future real world experience. Thanks in advance to everyone who may help to answer my questions and I look forward to our conversations!

Thank you!

Zack

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and welcome to PF, Zack! :biggrin: