Exploring the Rise of Pro-German Sentiment on College Campuses

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of pro-German sentiment at a university, with one person mentioning encountering pro-German youth movements in their third year. The group discusses the idea of everything German being better and mentions a German exchange student who is considered to be superior. They also briefly mention a movie called Zeitgeist, which is not related to the pro-German sentiment.
DrClapeyron
I've been at my university for three years and the first two of which I had never run across the pro-german youth movements that I did in my third year. I am not sure why but according to a small minority of people everything german is just better; pencils, rulers, paper, cars, music, etc. I tolerate this but I do not know why this feeling is at my (American) university. Anyone else heard of this Zeitgeist movie?

Physics news on Phys.org
Eh, wouldn't pay it anymore attention than those who are pro-Jewish or pro-African, pro-Irish, pro-Spanish, ect, ect.

Dude, I know this German guy. He was exchanged for a friend of mine. We call him [Friend's name] 2.0

He's on the rowing team, a physics/engineering major, blond hair blue eyes. Man, he's just so much better than me.

WarPhalange said:
Dude, I know this German guy. He was exchanged for a friend of mine. We call him [Friend's name] 2.0

He's on the rowing team, a physics/engineering major, blond hair blue eyes. Man, he's just so much better than me.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Are these people part of the industrial music crowd or something?

DrClapeyron said:
I've been at my university for three years and the first two of which I had never run across the pro-german youth movements that I did in my third year. I am not sure why but according to a small minority of people everything german is just better; pencils, rulers, paper, cars, music, etc. I tolerate this but I do not know why this feeling is at my (American) university. Anyone else heard of this Zeitgeist movie?

Ewww, techno.

DrClapeyron said:

Zeitgeist and Pro Germans are not really related dude except the fact that the title is german for like time spirit or something like that.

Related to Exploring the Rise of Pro-German Sentiment on College Campuses

1. What is the definition of "Pro German People in College"?

The term "Pro German People in College" refers to individuals who actively support and advocate for the German culture and people within the college setting. This can include promoting German language and culture courses, participating in German clubs or organizations, and engaging in discussions about German history and current events.

2. Are all German people automatically considered "Pro German" in college?

No, not all German individuals in college may identify as "Pro German". Being "Pro German" is a personal choice and can vary among individuals based on their beliefs and level of involvement in promoting German culture and people. It is important to recognize and respect individual differences within a cultural group.

3. What are some common misconceptions about "Pro German People in College"?

Some common misconceptions about "Pro German People in College" may include thinking that they are all German nationals or only interested in German culture. However, individuals who identify as "Pro German" can come from a variety of backgrounds and may have different reasons for their involvement and support of the culture.

4. How can colleges support and promote "Pro German People" on campus?

Colleges can support and promote "Pro German People" on campus by offering German language and culture courses, hosting events or discussions centered around German culture and history, and providing resources for students to connect with others who share similar interests. Additionally, colleges can create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students, regardless of their cultural background.

5. Why is it important to recognize and support "Pro German People in College"?

Recognizing and supporting "Pro German People in College" is important because it promotes diversity and cultural understanding on campus. It also allows individuals to connect with others who share similar interests and can create a sense of community. Additionally, it helps to preserve and celebrate the rich history and traditions of the German culture within the college setting.