Exploring the Reality of Kids with Violent Temptations

In summary: There have been studies, but they are not really conclusive or statistically significant.So basically, we don't really know a whole lot about these kids, and it's not really something that warrants further exploration.
ShayanJ
Insights Author
Gold Member
Summary:: Curious whether this story about this kid could be real, and if yes, is there any explanations?

I just came across this reddit thread. I know, it could be fake. But I've seen a similar story before about a little girl who openly talked about wanting to kill her adoptive parents and her brother. You can read about it here and here. Granted, she was sexually abused by her biological father as a toddler(what the hell is going on with some people?!) and that could explain it.
But I'm just wondering, can there be any psychiatric/psychological issues from the birth that could cause such a mentality and behavior in the kid? Is there any statistics about this? Have there been any studies? How much do we know about it?
I'm asking about it here because I don't even know what to call these kids or if there is even enough cases out there for me to able to find any information. So I appreciate any kind of clue or sources you may have
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
ShayanJ said:
Summary:: Curious whether this story about this kid could be real, and if yes, is there any explanations?

I just came across this reddit thread.
"William's Syndrome" results from a genetic/developmental defect/malfunction; there could be any number of similar/related syndromes yet to be discovered.

Likes ShayanJ
Do a google search on "murderous children" and one can find a gruesome gallery of kids who are truly evil in a way that boggles the mind.

How they came to be this way no one knows for sure.

Some suffered tremendous cruelty from their parents or caregivers while others were found to have a streak of psychopathy or a basic lack of compassion for any living thing in their personality.

Last edited:
Likes mcastillo356 and ShayanJ
Growing up is hard enough in itself. There are many things to learn, and amongst them: how to handle aggression (aggression of your own and aggression of others): and then the revelation, that not all the world is about you... It's hard. Practically every child has bad periods.
If the circumstances are extreme, those bad periods can be really extreme too.

What you are bringing up here is the extreme of the extreme. We are 'wired' to depend on during childhood (and that may foil things more frequently than rage). So don't take these cases (yes, there are cases) as any kind of common. They are exceptions. Not really worth keeping them in the foreground.

Likes ShayanJ

What is the definition of "violent temptations" in children?

Violent temptations in children refer to a child's inclination or urge to engage in aggressive or violent behavior. This can include physical aggression, verbal aggression, and even bullying or destructive behavior.

What factors contribute to the development of violent temptations in children?

There are many potential factors that can contribute to the development of violent temptations in children, including exposure to violence in media or real life, a history of abuse or neglect, environmental stressors, and underlying mental health issues.

Can violent tendencies in children be prevented?

While there is no guaranteed way to prevent violent temptations in children, there are steps that can be taken to reduce the risk. This may include promoting positive and non-violent behaviors, addressing any underlying issues or trauma, and providing a supportive and nurturing environment.

How can parents or caregivers handle a child with violent temptations?

It is important for parents or caregivers to seek professional help if they notice their child exhibiting violent temptations. A professional can provide guidance on how to manage and address these behaviors, as well as identify any underlying issues that may need to be addressed.

What are the long-term effects of violent temptations in children?

If left unaddressed, violent temptations in children can have serious long-term effects. These can include ongoing behavioral problems, difficulty forming and maintaining relationships, and an increased risk of criminal behavior in adulthood.