Exploring the Nature of Energy and Opposites

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of energy and its relationship to life and the afterlife. The speaker proposes that everything is made up of energy and that the purpose of life is to reach a state of "absolute energy." They also mention their belief that opposites are interconnected and that the concept of "pure energy" is nonsensical. The conversation ends with a mention of the scientific definition of energy and the importance of context in determining the meaning of words.
LostInSpaceTime
First of all;
Howdy all hope everyone is well.

Second;

Everything seems to be energy it's everywhere in every form cause nothing exists that isn't energy if i am wrong don't bother reading any further but please tell me why and proof please.

So assuming I'm correct from what I've learned so far were all just different forms of energy. And I think I read in some other forum someone said something about consciousness being energy(I agree). So what if the purpose of life is to make it to absolute energy. To be the only energy aware of not only itself but all the others as well. We seem to be on our way to the "end" (we seemed to have already received our consciousness) now all we have to do is leave the less evolved energy(our body) to roam the universe free. But then what what will we experience then? Maybe new forms of energy something even more spectacular than consciousness. Just one more thing to obtain.Sorry if I seem to be going on about after life a bit I just read one of the old posts and it's been on my mind. But as per usual, no proof. Just the bit about us all being energy.Not that it's proof just a backbone (humm maybe more like a pair of suspenders) to support my theory. However far fetched.

Another thing that has been on my mind is this infatuation with opposites. Living:Dead, Up:Down, Beginning:End and so on. Opposites are one in the the same. We live in a world where we move our selfs toward our preferred end of the opposites spectrum trying to distance our selfs from our dislikes and such. And what is like the biggest rule in the universe? Opposites attract. It all comes full circle. I know in my life experience almost everything I've really disliked I've either become or tried.

Physics news on Phys.org
LostInSpaceTime said:
Everything seems to be energy it's everywhere in every form cause nothing exists that isn't energy if i am wrong don't bother reading any further but please tell me why and proof please.

If matter and energy were the same thing, then we would not need both words. Water may be solid, liquid, or gasseous depending on the energy level--temperature. At some very high temperature the components of water may become energy, but in the Earth's biosphere, matter can be differentiated from energy. After all, energy equals mc squared not ec squared.

'Pure energy" is a nonsense term. It is precisely like say "pure up". Without some "thing" to affect energy has no more meaning than an up without a down.

Words only have demonstrable meaning according to their function in a given context. This is not merely my opinion, but a scientifically verified fact.

www.relationalframetheory.org

Last edited by a moderator:
The mystical concept of energy and the scientific concept of energy are utterly unrelated. This thread is just meaningless gibberish.

Related to Exploring the Nature of Energy and Opposites

1. What is energy?

Energy is the ability to do work or cause change. It exists in many forms, including heat, light, electricity, and motion.

2. What are the different types of energy?

The main types of energy are kinetic, potential, thermal, chemical, electrical, and nuclear. Kinetic energy is energy of motion, while potential energy is stored energy that can be converted into kinetic energy. Thermal energy is the energy of heat, chemical energy is stored in chemical bonds, electrical energy is the movement of electrons, and nuclear energy is the energy released from the nucleus of an atom.

3. How do opposites play a role in energy?

In the context of energy, opposites refer to the polarities of different types of energy. For example, kinetic energy is the opposite of potential energy, and positive and negative charges create electrical energy. Opposites also play a role in energy conservation, as energy can be converted from one form to another but cannot be created or destroyed.

4. What is the relationship between energy and matter?

According to the famous equation E=mc², energy and matter are two forms of the same thing. Matter can be converted into energy, as seen in nuclear reactions, and energy can be converted into matter, as seen in particle accelerators. Matter also contains energy in the form of its atomic and molecular bonds.

5. How is energy studied and measured?

Energy is studied and measured through various scientific methods, including experimentation, observation, and mathematical calculations. Scientists use tools such as calorimeters, spectrometers, and thermometers to measure different forms of energy. Energy is typically measured in joules (J) or calories (cal).