Exploring the Intersection of Science and Music: A Personal Bio

• Thread starter Don jennings
  • Start date
In summary, the intersection of science and music has been a major influence in my life. As a child, I was fascinated by both fields and found ways to combine them, such as creating musical experiments and exploring the science behind sound. This passion continued into my academic and professional career, where I studied music and science simultaneously and found ways to integrate them in my research and performances. Through this journey, I have gained a deeper understanding of the connections between these seemingly disparate fields and how they can enhance and complement each other. Overall, my personal bio showcases the powerful synergy between science and music and how it has shaped my personal and professional growth.
Don jennings
No questions, just my personal bio.
Only have 2 years of college completed but have taken many courses on the physics of ion implanters when I worked for Varian, which does not do implanters any more, back to Extrion in Gloucester, Ma. My mentor there was Ray Callahan, a brilliant scientist who at the age of 19 designed and built a 100,000 volt PS about 100 mm cubed to ride on an early NASA satellite. My interest is in astronomy and physics. I also am musician with about 40 acoustic guitar, mandolin, dulcimer and keyboard compositions on a site called Soundcloud, so far 62 tracks, with wife and friends singing songs, some on stage in Jerusalem where we used to live and others recorded in our flat there.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Back