Exploring Geometric Algebra and Calculus: Unifying Concepts in Math and Physics

In exploring geometric algebra and calculus, we can see how these two concepts are able to unify the principles of math and physics. By using geometric algebra, we are able to represent geometric objects in a more concise and powerful way, while calculus allows us to analyze the continuous changes of these objects. This unification of concepts provides a deeper understanding of both math and physics, and has applications in fields such as computer graphics, robotics, and quantum mechanics.
WalkingHorse
My primary interesting in joining this group is to facilitate me wrapping my head around geometric algebra (aka Clifford algebra), geometric calculus and its usage in math, physics, and related disciplines. I cannot help but suspect others might be similarly interested. Being of a certain age, my academic background exploited the traditional formalisms of Gibbs's vector algebra and vector calculus. The economy of expression and unification of concepts offered by this alternative formalism strikes me as potentially superior to what I and a whole legion of others were taught at university.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Some references on geometric algebra -

Mathoma: geometric algebra - youtube.com

D. Hestenes: New Foundations for Classical Mechanics, Fundamental Theories of Physics, 2nd ed., Springer Verlag, 1999
Dorst, Fontjine, Mann: Geometric Algebra for Computer Science, Morgan Kaufman, 2007
Doran, Lasenby: Geometric Algebra for Physicists, Cambridge, 2003

Welcone to PF. We have several mathematical forums here that may interest you.