Exploring Force Fields in Fantasy: Seeking Scientific Validation for My Webnovel

• Thread starter Flannel
  • Start date
In summary, exploring the concept of force fields in fantasy literature involves seeking scientific validation for their existence. Authors often use this element as a way to explain supernatural abilities or to create a unique world with its own set of rules. However, the scientific community has yet to find evidence of force fields in our reality, leading some to question their plausibility in fiction. Despite this, the idea of force fields continues to fascinate readers and writers alike, providing a way to add an element of mystery and wonder to fantasy stories.
Flannel
How did you find PF?
Google search for [ fantasy physics questions and answers ]
Events in my current webnovel have reached the limit of confidence in my physics reasoning, so I'm here to ask for confirmation of my estimates of what would happen from experimentation with force fields. While the setting is fantasy/magic based rather than superscience, I still want to maintain as much realism as I can.

I know to post in the Sci-Fi Writing and World Building Forum about that exclusively, since it's original work, and I have read the list of excluded topics for the Forums overall (with great relief, by the way, in the latter case).

Nice to meet you all!

Likes DaveE, berkeman and scottdave
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF; it's good to have you here. :smile: