Exploring Fleming's Right Hand Rule for EMF in a Straight Wire

• Thread starter ahmed963u2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Emf Wire
In summary: Fleming's Right Hand Rule is a simplification of the law of electromagnetism. It states that the direction of the E.M.F. (electric field) is always perpendicular to the direction of the current flow. This rule can be used to determine the magnitude of an E.M.F. in any given situation.
ahmed963u2

Homework Statement

If the wire moved perpendicular to a magnetic field as in the fig. then the volt of point a is ( bigger than -smaller than-equal ) the volt of the point b

Homework Equations

please see the attached files

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• ole4.gif
    ole4.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 612
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello ahmed, :welcome:

PF takes a bit of getting used to. Reading the guidelines can help.
I can't do anything with your post: there is no question, no relevant equations, no attempt at solution.
In fact I can't even tell what kind of assistance you want ...:frown:

BvU said:
Hello ahmed, :welcome:

PF takes a bit of getting used to. Reading the guidelines can help.
I can't do anything with your post: there is no question, no relevant equations, no attempt at solution.
In fact I can't even tell what kind of assistance you want ...:frown:
What do you mean?
Firstly,it's about
E.m.f. induced in a straight conductor ( electromagnetic induction) and fleming right hand rule.
and I want to know if the voltage of point a is larger than the one of point b or vice versa.

ahmed963u2 said:
What do you mean?
Well,it's about
E.m.f. induced in a straight conductor ( electromagnetic induction) and fleming right hand rule.
and I want to know if the voltage of point a is larger than the one of point b or vice versa.I also attached a figure to show the position of each points

ahmed963u2 said:

Homework Statement

If the wire moved perpendicular to a magnetic field as in the fig. then the volt of point a is ( bigger than -smaller than-equal ) the volt of the point b

Homework Equations

please see the attached files

The Attempt at a Solution

There are no equations given in the attached file
ole4-gif.100935.gif

A complete statement of your problem should be included the the text of the thread, no matter what is stated in the title. That's why BvU said there was no question given .

You need to make (show) some attempt at arriving at a solution.

What is Fleming's Right Hand Rule, and how does it apply to this problem?(These Forums can be very helpful for people who are trying to gain an understanding of physics and related subjects. The rules may seem overbearing at times, but they have proven to be effective.)

Related to Exploring Fleming's Right Hand Rule for EMF in a Straight Wire

1. What is EMF in a straight wire?

EMF stands for electromagnetic force, which is the force that causes charged particles to move in a wire. In a straight wire, this force is created by the flow of current through the wire.

2. How is EMF measured in a straight wire?

EMF can be measured in a straight wire using a device called a voltmeter. The voltmeter measures the voltage difference between two points in the wire, which is a measure of the EMF.

3. What factors affect the EMF in a straight wire?

The EMF in a straight wire is affected by the strength of the current flowing through the wire, the length of the wire, and the material the wire is made of. The strength of the magnetic field around the wire also plays a role.

4. How does EMF in a straight wire relate to the concept of resistance?

EMF and resistance are closely related, as they are both factors that affect the flow of current in a wire. EMF provides the force for the current to flow, while resistance opposes the flow of current. Together, they determine the amount of current that can flow through a wire.

5. What are the practical applications of understanding EMF in a straight wire?

Understanding EMF in a straight wire is important in many fields, including electrical engineering, physics, and telecommunications. It is used in the design and operation of electronic devices, power systems, and communication networks.