Exploring Data Analysis and Visualization with MATLAB: A Senior Project Idea

In summary, the conversation was about a senior in need of ideas for their senior project in their Computer and Business Technology course. They were introduced to MATLAB by their father and were considering using it for their project. However, they needed suggestions that were not related to gambling, required at least 150 hours of work, and were of medium to medium-hard difficulty. A suggestion was made to use MATLAB to analyze the stock market, which would involve a lot of data and research, but could potentially be seen as gambling.
cutelilrikki

Homework Statement

I'm currently a senior in need to do a senior project for my Computer and Business Technology course. My father is, currently, enrolled in college and introduced me to MATLAB. I figured the program would be a good idea for a senior project, but I really need ideas/suggestions.
  • Cannot be related to gambling in any way
  • Minimum 150 hours of work on project
  • Medium/Medium-Hard difficulty would be nice

Any suggestions would be amazing and very much appreciated.
Thank you in advanced.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
matlab is good at analyzing massive amounts of data, so i'd recommend something with a lot of data available and a lot of tenacity behind the field of its analysis: aka a program to analyze the stock market

however, the the stock market could be construed as gambling... still, it's business-esque, would take much research, and require a good bit of coding.

Related to Exploring Data Analysis and Visualization with MATLAB: A Senior Project Idea

1. What are some interesting project ideas for MATLAB?

Some interesting project ideas for MATLAB include creating a financial analysis tool, developing a machine learning algorithm, building a digital image processing application, designing a control system for a robot, and creating a simulation for a physical system.

2. How do I come up with a good project idea for MATLAB?

To come up with a good project idea for MATLAB, you can start by identifying a problem or task that you are interested in solving or automating. You can also explore the various toolboxes and functions available in MATLAB and see if any of them spark your interest.

3. Can I use MATLAB for data analysis and visualization projects?

Yes, MATLAB is a powerful tool for data analysis and visualization. It has built-in functions and toolboxes specifically designed for these tasks, making it a popular choice for projects in fields such as finance, biology, and engineering.

4. Are there any resources available for finding project ideas and tutorials for MATLAB?

Yes, there are plenty of resources available online for finding project ideas and tutorials for MATLAB. Some popular websites include MathWorks File Exchange, MATLAB Central, and YouTube channels such as MATLAB and Coursera.

5. Can I collaborate with others on a MATLAB project?

Yes, MATLAB allows for collaboration with others on projects through its Live Editor feature. This allows multiple users to work simultaneously on a project, view changes in real-time, and leave comments for each other. Additionally, you can also share your project files with others for collaboration.