Exploring Boston: A Weekend Trip to Beantown

In summary, the conversation is about a trip to Boston, MA with friends where they visited places such as Paul Revere's house, the Old North Church, The Museum of Science, and the USS Constitution. The speaker also wanted to visit MIT, Harvard University, Cambridge College, the Springfield Armory, and Samuel Adams Brewery, but will have to save those for another trip. The group also shares pictures and discusses driving in Boston, with one person mentioning the use of car horns and their thesis advisor's saying about bad drivers in Boston.
B. Elliott
Went to Boston, MA with a few friends over the weekend. Main places we visited were Paul Reveres house and grave site, the Old North Church, The Museum of Science, and the USS Constitution.

I really wanted to get a few pictures around MIT, Harvard University, and Cambridge College. Also wanted to visit the Springfield Armory and Samuel Adams Brewery. Guess i'll have to make those for another trip which will hopefully be really soon.

Hello Boston!
IMG00107.jpg

IMG00108.jpg

IMG00109.jpg

IMG00112.jpg

IMG00114.jpg

IMG00115.jpg

USS Constitution 'Old Ironsides'. Oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat in the world.
IMG00117.jpg

IMG00125.jpg

George Washington
IMG00126.jpg

IMG00127.jpg

IMG00130.jpg

IMG00132.jpg

IMG00144.jpg

Ran across this and just had to take a picture. :smile:
IMG00129.jpg

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for sharing the pics!

How did you all like driving in Boston? :devil:

Redbelly98 said:
Thanks for sharing the pics!

How did you all like driving in Boston? :devil:

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but Bostoners definitely love to use their carhorn when possible. At one point we had two people behind us honking their horns at us because we didn't pull out in front of a passing ambulance that had it's lights on. We all just laughed at that point saying, 'seriously?

Yup, sounds like the Boston I know.

My thesis advisor, a Boston native, used to say, "There are no bad drivers in Boston. All the bad drivers are dead."

Related to Exploring Boston: A Weekend Trip to Beantown

1. What are the must-see attractions in Boston?

Some popular attractions in Boston include the Freedom Trail, Fenway Park, the Museum of Fine Arts, and the New England Aquarium.

2. How can I get around the city during my weekend trip?

Boston has an extensive public transportation system, including the subway (known as the "T"), buses, and commuter rail. Taxis and ride-sharing services are also available. Walking is also a great way to explore the city.

3. What is the best time of year to visit Boston?

The best time to visit Boston is during the spring or fall when the weather is mild and there are fewer tourists. However, if you want to experience the city's famous fall foliage, October is the prime time to visit.

4. What is the food scene like in Boston?

Boston is known for its seafood, particularly its clam chowder and lobster rolls. The city also has a thriving culinary scene with a variety of restaurants offering diverse cuisines. Don't forget to try a Boston cream pie while you're there!

5. Are there any free activities to do in Boston?

Yes, there are many free activities to do in Boston, including walking the Freedom Trail, visiting Boston Common and the Public Garden, and exploring the various markets and festivals in the city. Many museums also offer free admission on certain days or for certain groups.