Exam in 2 days, with concepts

In summary, the person is asking for help with key concepts in a college-level physics class, and they feel that their Professor is inadequate. They also mention that they're used to a smaller learning environment and that the class is big. They ask if they should post questions one at a time, and the person responds that the site may be down for a while later today and that it's usually best to post questions in separate threads.
di8000
I know, I'm not using the template but that's because I'm beyond that. I need help with key concepts because my professor is not adequate. I'm struggling on my homework which is really bad because I have an exam in 2 days. Is there anyway that someone could talk to me over a mic and help me through 6 problems. It's calc based physics and it's only on the first 5 chapters so it shouldn't be hard to explain.

Physics news on Phys.org
di8000 said:
I know, I'm not using the template but that's because I'm beyond that. I need help with key concepts because my professor is not adequate. I'm struggling on my homework which is really bad because I have an exam in 2 days. Is there anyway that someone could talk to me over a mic and help me through 6 problems. It's calc based physics and it's only on the first 5 chapters so it shouldn't be hard to explain.
Welcome to Physics Forums.

In all honesty you would probably be best asking your professor, or another member of the teaching staff, for help. If you don't want to do this, perhaps a friend who is confident with the subject matter would be willing to help you.

We do not have the facilities here necessary for voice conversations, we are after all only a forum.

Just out of interest, why do you say that your Professor is inadequate?

well, to call him inadequate was probably too harsh. I'm still in high school but I'm going to a college class for physics. this means that I don't get to walk into his office whenever I want and I don't have many connections with students in the class. I don't have much help.

Plus, I'm used to a smaller learning environment and this is an intro course so it's big.

I know this is just a forum but I was hoping someone would have MSN or something.

Should I just post one question at a time?

di8000 said:
well, to call him inadequate was probably too harsh. I'm still in high school but I'm going to a college class for physics. this means that I don't get to walk into his office whenever I want and I don't have many connections with students in the class. I don't have much help.
It's good to see that you have such a keen interest in Physics to be taking extra classes. I know it's a little late now, but for future reference the majority of lecturers are willing to offer help or answers questions via e-mail in my experience.
di8000 said:
Should I just post one question at a time?
You can do if you like, but I will warn you that we are scheduled for a server move later this today, which means that the site will likely be down for at least 24 hours and will quite probably be down longer.

If you still want to post your questions, you're more than welcome to and I'm sure everyone will do their best to help you out. I know you've got six questions that are all related, but it's usually best to post them in separate threads.

thank you for your help.

Related to Exam in 2 days, with concepts

1. What concepts should I focus on for my exam in 2 days?

It is important to prioritize the concepts that you struggle with the most and those that are most heavily covered in your course material. Take a look at your notes and past assignments to determine which concepts you need to review the most.

2. How should I study for my exam in 2 days?

Create a study schedule that allows you to review all of the necessary concepts while also giving yourself breaks to avoid burnout. Practice active studying techniques such as creating flashcards, summarizing notes, and teaching the material to someone else.

3. Is it better to study alone or with a group for an exam in 2 days?

This depends on your personal learning style. If you prefer studying alone, find a quiet and distraction-free space to review the material. If you benefit from group discussions, consider organizing a study group with classmates to review the concepts together.

4. How can I manage my time effectively for an exam in 2 days?

Make a list of all the topics you need to cover and estimate how much time you will need for each one. Set a timer for each topic and stick to your schedule. Remember to take breaks to avoid burnout and maintain a clear mind.

5. What should I do if I feel overwhelmed with the amount of material I need to review for my exam in 2 days?

Start by taking a deep breath and reminding yourself that you have prepared for this exam throughout the course. Break down the material into smaller chunks and focus on one concept at a time. Seek help from your professor or classmates if you need clarification on certain topics. Remember to take breaks and prioritize your mental and physical well-being.