Equation with two unknowns in complex exponential

In summary, the speaker is seeking help with a mathematical problem involving a reverse kinematic lever and an equation with one equation and two unknowns. They are looking for the exact relationship between two variables and are interested in getting further assistance to find the function relating the two variables.
jonasjia
hello friends,
when i build the mathmatical model of robot,i face a new question that i ever seen before.
i have a reverse kinematic lever as the leg and i want to use the tip position to get the relationship of fold angle and rotate angle reversely
here is my equation:
x*e^iθ - y*e^iθ * e^-iα + z*e^iθ = d
x is the known length of first section of kinematic lever
y is the known length of second section of kinematic lever
z is the known length of third section of kinematic lever
d is the known length from {0,0} (which is the pin point of kinematic lever rotation point) to kinematic lever tip
i want to find the exact relation of θ and α

could you help me to get the result of the equation? thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
One equation and two unknowns. The problem is underdefined and there is more than one solution.

If I'm parsing your equation correctly, it can be rearranged to say [tex]e^{i\theta}= \frac{d}{x+z - ye^{-i\alpha}}[/tex] which pins down [itex]\theta[/itex] (modulo [itex]2\pi[/itex]) for any given value of [itex]\alpha[/itex].

sorry,i made a mistake,the correct equation should be :
x*e^iθ - y*e^-iθ * e^-iα + z*e^iθ = d*e^iβ
d*e^iβ is the complex number of pin to tip vector,which β is known.
to DrClaude,
yes it may be have two answer,i just need the exact relation of θ and α.

to economicsnerd,
thanks for your answer, but it would go further,and get the f(θ) = α

Related to Equation with two unknowns in complex exponential

1. What is an equation with two unknowns in complex exponential?

An equation with two unknowns in complex exponential is an equation that contains two variables or quantities that are raised to a complex exponential power. These equations typically involve complex numbers, which are numbers that contain both real and imaginary components.

2. How do you solve an equation with two unknowns in complex exponential?

To solve an equation with two unknowns in complex exponential, you need to use algebraic techniques such as substitution, elimination, or graphing. You may also need to apply knowledge of complex numbers and their properties to simplify the equation and solve for the unknown variables.

3. What is the difference between solving equations with two unknowns in complex exponential and solving equations with two unknowns in real numbers?

The main difference between solving equations with two unknowns in complex exponential and solving equations with two unknowns in real numbers is that complex numbers have both real and imaginary components, which adds an extra layer of complexity to the equation. Additionally, complex numbers have unique properties, such as the conjugate property, that must be taken into account when solving these types of equations.

4. Can equations with two unknowns in complex exponential have multiple solutions?

Yes, equations with two unknowns in complex exponential can have multiple solutions. This is because complex numbers have multiple representations, and an equation may have different solutions depending on which representation is used. Additionally, some equations may have infinite solutions.

5. How are equations with two unknowns in complex exponential used in science?

Equations with two unknowns in complex exponential are used in various fields of science, including physics, engineering, and mathematics. These equations are often used to model and solve complex systems and phenomena, such as oscillations, electromagnetic waves, and quantum mechanics. They are also used in circuit analysis, control systems, and signal processing.