Electric Circuits Book: Intro to Electric Circuits 7th ed. Dorf/Svoboda

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a manual for an electric circuits course using the book "Intro to Electric Circuits 7th ed. by Dorf/Svoboda". The manual, which includes extra worked out problems, can be found on Amazon for around $20. It is suggested to check with the professor for the title and author of the manual and to also check if it is available at the school's library or through interlibrary loan. One person mentioned finding it on Amazon for $13 with shipping included.
JSBeckton
I am taking an electric circuits course using Intro to Electric Circuits 7th ed. by Dorf/Svoboda. My professor mentioned something about a manual that you can buy that has mainly just a lot of different circuits all worked out for you to study, does anyone know where I can get this because the book is lacking in examples?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
That book has a separate "solutions" guide that includes extra problems that are worked out. If I remember correctly, I found it on amazon.com for around $20.

Why don't you find out from your professor the title and author(s) of the manual that he mentioned. Then, you could order it from Amazon, or from your school's bookstore. You could also check to see if your school's library has it. If your library has it, you might not need to order it. If your library doesn't have it, you might still be able to get it throught your library's interlibrary loan service. This might give you a copy to look at before an ordered copy arrives.

Thanks guys, I found one on amazon for $13 shipping included!

Related to Electric Circuits Book: Intro to Electric Circuits 7th ed. Dorf/Svoboda

1. What topics are covered in the book?

The book covers the fundamental concepts of electric circuits, including voltage, current, resistance, and power. It also covers circuit analysis techniques, such as Kirchhoff's laws and Thevenin's and Norton's theorems. Additionally, it includes discussions on capacitors, inductors, and AC circuits.

2. Is this book suitable for beginners?

Yes, this book is designed for students with little to no background in electric circuits. It provides a clear and concise introduction to the subject and gradually builds upon concepts as the book progresses. The book also includes numerous examples and practice problems to help students understand the material.

3. Are there any online resources available for this book?

Yes, the authors have created a website that includes additional resources for students and instructors. This includes interactive simulations, practice quizzes, and solutions to selected problems. The website also provides access to the MATLAB Electrical Engineering Toolbox, which is used in some of the examples in the book.

4. How does this book compare to other textbooks on electric circuits?

This book is highly regarded for its clear and concise writing style, as well as its extensive use of examples and practice problems. It also covers a wide range of topics in electric circuits, making it suitable for introductory courses in electrical engineering and related fields. However, some reviewers have noted that the book may not be as rigorous as other textbooks and may not delve as deeply into certain topics.

5. Is there a newer edition of this book available?

Yes, the 8th edition of this book was published in 2019. It includes updated content and examples, as well as new sections on operational amplifiers and digital systems. However, the 7th edition is still widely used and contains the same core material, so it may be a more affordable option for students.