Einsteins Theory of relativity Equation help

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of testing Einstein's Theory of Relativity for a science fair project. The equation for finding the velocity of a particle is mentioned, along with the recommended apparatus and goal of the testing. However, the speaker suggests finding another experiment as measuring relativistic velocities may not be practical for a science fair project.
swordsworn2930
For my science fair project I decided to test Einsteins Theory of relativity. Upon searching for hours on the internet I know that I'm supposed to be finding the velocity of a particle. I'm told the equation is the magnetic rigidity times ratio of electrons charge to mass times the square root of the speed of light squared minus velocity squared over the speed of light squared.

I'm also told that the answer is 2.47 x 10^10 but i have no idea how they came by this answer.

Please see my attachment for a cleaner version of the equation.

Attachments

• science fair.bmp
    95.2 KB · Views: 484
Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of apparatus were you planning on making? What is the goal of your testing, to find the velocity of particle? How will you find that velocity experimentally? In general a relativistic velocity will travel according to the Lorrentz equations.

I think you should find another experiment to undertake. Measuring relativistic velocities isn't all that practical for a science fair project!

Related to Einsteins Theory of relativity Equation help

1. What is Einstein's Theory of Relativity Equation?

Einstein's Theory of Relativity Equation, also known as E=mc², is a mathematical formula that describes the relationship between mass, energy, and the speed of light. It is a fundamental concept in physics and is used to explain the behavior of objects in motion.

2. How did Einstein come up with this equation?

Einstein developed this equation as part of his theory of special relativity, which he published in 1905. He based it on the famous equation proposed by physicist Max Planck, E=hν, which relates energy to frequency. Einstein expanded on this concept and included the speed of light to develop the iconic equation, E=mc².

3. What does each variable in the equation represent?

The letter E represents energy, the letter m represents mass, and the letter c represents the speed of light. The exponent of 2 indicates that the speed of light is squared, emphasizing its immense value in the equation.

4. What does this equation mean for our understanding of the universe?

Einstein's Theory of Relativity Equation has had a profound impact on our understanding of the universe. It has led to groundbreaking discoveries and has been used in various fields, such as nuclear energy and space exploration. It has also helped us understand the relationship between matter and energy and has paved the way for future advancements in physics.

5. Is it possible for this equation to be disproven?

As with any scientific theory, it is always possible for new evidence or discoveries to challenge our understanding of the universe and potentially disprove the equation. However, Einstein's Theory of Relativity Equation has been extensively tested and has consistently been supported by numerous experiments and observations, making it a strong and widely accepted concept in physics.