Editing formats on texstudio on Ubuntu

• Thread starter member 428835
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ubuntu
In summary, the conversation is about trying to change the theme for texstudio on Ubuntu 18.04. There are two suggestions for editing the settings file, but the user is unable to find either file. They downloaded texStudio using specific commands and are seeking help. The conversation ends with the user stating that the problem is not yet resolved.
member 428835
Hi PF!

I am trying to change the theme for texstudio on Ubuntu 18.04. Here they suggest editing the formats in the TeXstudio settings file (.txsprofile). However, here they suggest editing the texstudio.ini. file. I can't find either.

I downloaded texStudio via the commands:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:blahota/texstudio
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install texstudio

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Thanks for the tip.
I edited the post...sadly the problem isn't resolved yet.

EDIT: I'm unsure how the problem was resolved, but when I selected >options>load profile the problem was fixed (which is weird because I didn't do load anything, only looked at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I change the default font in Texstudio on Ubuntu?

To change the default font in Texstudio on Ubuntu, go to the "Options" menu and select "Configure Texstudio." In the window that opens, go to the "Editor" tab and click on "Font Family." Here, you can select the font of your choice and click "OK" to save the changes.

2. Can I customize the color of the syntax highlighting in Texstudio?

Yes, you can customize the color of the syntax highlighting in Texstudio. Go to the "Options" menu and select "Configure Texstudio." In the window that opens, go to the "Syntax Highlighting" tab. Here, you can select the language you want to customize and choose the desired color for each element of the code.

3. How do I enable spell check in Texstudio on Ubuntu?

To enable spell check in Texstudio on Ubuntu, go to the "Options" menu and select "Configure Texstudio." In the window that opens, go to the "Editor" tab and make sure the "Spell Checking" option is checked. You can also choose the language for spell check and customize the dictionary.

4. Is there a way to change the indentation settings in Texstudio?

Yes, you can change the indentation settings in Texstudio. Go to the "Options" menu and select "Configure Texstudio." In the window that opens, go to the "Editor" tab and click on "Indentation Mode." Here, you can choose the type of indentation you prefer and customize the indentation settings.

5. How do I add a new template in Texstudio on Ubuntu?

To add a new template in Texstudio on Ubuntu, go to the "Options" menu and select "Configure Texstudio." In the window that opens, go to the "Templates" tab and click on "Add." You can then give your template a name, specify the file extension, and add the desired code. Click "OK" to save the new template.