Editing a Post on Topology and Analysis Forum

• Thread starter Math Amateur
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone who recently posted on the Topology and Analysis forum and realized their language was unclear. They wanted to edit their post but were unsure how. Another user, mfb, suggested using the "Edit" button in the lower left of the post. The original poster, Peter, had trouble finding the button but eventually found it. Math Amateur asked for help on how to edit a post and Mark44 warned that the edit window is short-lived.
Math Amateur
Gold Member
MHB
I recently completed a post on the Topology and Analysis forum ... after I posted, I noticed that some of my language was awkward and not quite clear ... so I wished to edit the post ...

Can someone help with information on how to edit a post on Analysis and Topology ...

Peter

Physics news on Phys.org
mfb said:
This one? Use the "Edit" button in the lower left of the post.
Hi mfb ... Still cannot find the button ... can see "edit tags" but not how to edit postOMG ... just found the edit button on this post and the other ... goodness! Its so faint as to be invisible on my computer anyway ...

Thanks for the prompt help mfb ... appreciate it ...

Peter

@Math Amateur, be advised that the edit window is short-lived, just a few hours. After that time has elapsed you won't be able to edit your post. However, if you use the Report button and say what needs to be changed, one of the mentors can edit the post for you.

Thanks for that information ... appreciate the warning ... Thanks Mark44!

Related to Editing a Post on Topology and Analysis Forum

1. How do I edit a post on the Topology and Analysis Forum?

To edit a post on the Topology and Analysis Forum, simply click on the "Edit" button located at the bottom of your post. This will allow you to make any necessary changes to your post.

2. Will my edits be visible to other users?

Yes, once you have made your edits and saved them, they will be visible to all other users who view your post.

3. Can I edit a post that someone else has made?

No, only the person who made the original post can edit it. However, you can leave a comment under the post with any suggestions or corrections you may have.

4. Is there a time limit for editing a post?

There is no specific time limit for editing a post on the Topology and Analysis Forum. However, it is recommended to make any necessary edits as soon as possible for the benefit of other users.

5. Can I revert back to an earlier version of my post?

Yes, if you have made multiple edits to your post, you can click on the "History" button and select an earlier version to revert back to. Keep in mind that this will replace your current version of the post.