EDIT: Guys I just need someone to take me under their wing for a

• Thread starter Cbray
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Edit
In summary, Charles Bray, a 14-year-old from Canberra, Australia, has a strong interest in astrophysics and is seeking guidance on what to learn and where to find resources. He is currently studying advanced math and physics, but is looking to improve his skills and knowledge in those subjects. He also asks if there are any online forums or chat rooms where he can connect with other mathematicians and discuss his interests.
Cbray
EDIT: Guys I just need someone to take me under their wing for a little while so I can understand a few things you are saying on the forums.

Hey,
my name is Charles Bray (14 years old) I currently live in Canberra, Australia.
I have a huge urge to lean to astrophysics when I'm older, I love maths and A+ it but only in advanced (since our math's department is really poor and have more in the extended than the actual max there is suppose to be), I also love physics mostly astrophysics (obviously why I'm putting this in the astrophysics thread) but I'm no high IQ genius. I read a lot of physics and math books, current ones I recall are '50 physics ideas you must know' and the same one but with math instead of physics.

I would love to learn from you all, if you could point me in the right direction to what I should be learning and all that would be awesome.

From my tutor we just finish factorizing 'algebraic' (reason for ' ' is because it's not really algebra..) equations using the PSN method, pretty much the same what we're doing in class since our math's test is coming up next week.

I'll soon be going onto actual equations and algebra, I've done a bit of calculus (working out the slope of a tangent) which was interesting, a bit confusing because I love to know all the theory/definition of the things I'm learning.

As said, are there any type of thread's I can look at that can improve and help me for later on in the future or improve my skills in mathematics and physics?

Thanks for your time, and would really like to have a chat with you all.
Charles Bray.

PS: Do you have any Vent, Mumble, chat rooms, or anything I can relate to for IM actual mathematicians or with a local from the website?

Again, thanks.

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org

Hello! I can't really help you, as I'm not an expet into astrophysics myself, but I'm sure you can find plenty of materials to study in any bookstore or online. Try amazon.com or something and do a search for astrophysics perhaps. Also, I'd try posting a thread in the career section and see if you get any response there.

What does it mean to be taken under someone's wing?

Being taken under someone's wing means to have someone mentor, guide, and support you in a particular field or area of interest. It is like having a teacher or advisor who helps you improve and grow.

Why do you need someone to take you under their wing?

Having someone take you under their wing can provide valuable guidance and support, especially if you are new to a field or have limited experience. It can also help you develop important skills and knowledge that can accelerate your progress.

How can someone take me under their wing?

This usually happens through a mutual agreement between the mentor and mentee. You can reach out to someone you admire and ask them to mentor you, or someone may offer to mentor you if they see potential in you.

What are the benefits of being taken under someone's wing?

Being taken under someone's wing can provide numerous benefits, such as access to valuable knowledge and experience, guidance and support, networking opportunities, and personal growth and development.

What should I do once someone takes me under their wing?

It is important to be open-minded, willing to learn, and to actively seek out opportunities for growth and development. It is also crucial to maintain a good relationship with your mentor and to show gratitude for their guidance and support.