Eagles or Patriots? Vote in Poll & Make the Right Choice[s]

• Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
In summary, the poll asks who the respondent wants to win, and the options are the Eagles, the Patriots, or a tie. The poll results suggest that most people want the Eagles to win, and the Patriots are favored but not by a huge margin.

Who do you want/think will win?

• I want the Eagles to win.

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • I want the Patriots to win.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I think the Eagles will win.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I think the Patriots will win.

Votes: 19 55.9%

• Total voters
russ_watters
Mentor
On request, a poll. Make the right choice! :devil:

(you can vote for more than one option)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Want Eagles; think Pats will do it again...blast them, in advance !

I want the Eagles to win and I think they will. Here's why:

-I like underdogs - there is less pressure. And when McNab is relaxed, he's at his best.
-These aren't the same Eagles who lost to the Steelers - even with the two throwaway losses in their last two regular season games, their run defense was much better after the Steelers loss than before it.
-Playmakers - the Eagles will get interceptions, sacks, Westbrook and Mcnab will break out, and Freddy Mitchell will come through bigtime on 3rd down.

russ_watters said:
-I like underdogs - there is less pressure.

Honestly, I think there's more pressure on the Eagles. 80% of this country wants them to win, and they know that. They keep making the playoffs and losing - it's got to be time to change that.

But Belichick always finds a way...

PS : Noticed the conspicuous absense of TO's name among the playmakers. Do I sense something here ?

I want the Eagles to win, because that's who all the cool people around here seem to be rooting for (and because I grew up in NJ, so somehow that makes Eagles better than the Patriots). I can't vote for who I think will win because I don't follow sports at all to have any clue on that. But I can drink beer and eat nachos with the best of 'em! :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
I want the Eagles to win, because that's who all the cool people around here seem to be rooting for (and because I grew up in NJ, so somehow that makes Eagles better than the Patriots). I can't vote for who I think will win because I don't follow sports at all to have any clue on that. But I can drink beer and eat nachos with the best of 'em! :biggrin:

Here, let me make this easier for you.

The Eagles have made every one of the playoffs this millenium (:wink:) but have 0 Superbowl wins.

The Patriots have won 2 Superbowls in a row. (And they're a bunch of Bushies )

Who do you pick, eh ?

Gokul43201 said:
PS : Noticed the conspicuous absense of TO's name among the playmakers. Do I sense something here ?
TO's a great receiver, but he shouldn't play hurt - Moss did it and the Eagles tore him up. Unless TO is 90%+, he shouldn't play.

I think the pats will win, but I want both to lose, pats more though.

Also, the pats have not won 2 superbowls in a row, not in the past 5 years anyways. They won last year and 2 years before that (2004, 2002)

Last edited:
Patriots by either 15, 13, or 3.

The Patriots simply have more tenacity, more pure talent, more control over their game, and a much more refined style of playing. The Eagles will be scrambling all over the place while the Pats will be cool, calm, collective, and powerful. The Patriots have done it before, and they know how to (and will) do it again. Lots of credit has been given to the defense of both teams, but in this game, I see both their defenses breaking down and the game ending up in a very high score, like 29-43 or so.

Last edited:
mattmns said:
I think the pats will win, but I want both to lose, pats more though.

Also, the pats have not won 2 superbowls in a row, not in the past 5 years anyways. They won last year and 2 years before that (2004, 2002)

Didn't I mention I hibernate every odd numbered year ! :zzz: And I talk in my sleep.

That's okay, the bad news for all the Eagles fans here is that as soon as I start to root for any particular team, they are doomed to lose. Go ahead and place your Patriots bets now. :-p

I think people should stop caring about stupid things like football and start doing something constructive with their time.

Smurf said:
I think people should stop caring about stupid things like football and start doing something constructive with their time.

Like posting useless opinions in a forum? Hahaaa

I don't watch baseball.

The_Professional said:
Like posting useless opinions in a forum? Hahaaa

Nah, he's from Canada, he thinks we should be wasting our time discussing hockey. :smile:

My money is on the Eagles by 3 up. Niether team will score in the 4th quarter. :) My predicton.

Ryan

LogiX said:
My money is on the Eagles by 3 up. Niether team will score in the 4th quarter. :) My predicton.

Ryan

Most likely rather accurate.

I'm hoping anyway.

I really don't give a fig. Put have to go with the Eagles, 'cuz my son lives in the Philly area!

I'm not into sports anymore but think the nationalists have a good chance. :biggrin:

I pick the Patriots because I grew up in Nevada.

tribdog said:
I pick the Patriots because I grew up in Nevada.

Our rivarly grows...

Fie on you!

Patriots will win by 14. I'm happy to be rooting for this version of the Patriots, then their earlier version...the one where their cornerback ran for the opponent's field goal.

I know nothing about American football, but I'm going to watch the game :biggrin:.

Anyone follow the Zurich Premiership? (Rugby Union :smile: )

Leicester have regained the top spot after 4 years :biggrin: back to our winning ways :approve:

Zurich Premiership

Team Played/Won/Drawn/Lost/Points For/Points against/Table Points

Leicester 14/11/2/1/421/208/55
Wasps 14/9/1/4/317/259/44
Sale 14/9/0/5/358/260/42
Bath 14/8/1/5/286/270/37
Gloucester 14/8/0/6/278/286/35
Newcastle 14/7/1/6/320/350/34
Saracens 14/6/2/6/229/261/32
London Irish 14/6/0/8/245/275/27
Leeds 14/5/0/9/248/293/25
Northampton 14/4/0/10/253/291/22
Worcester 14/4/0/10/218/355/21
Harlequins 14/3/1/10/241/306/20

The Pats will. We new englanders have the best team in the country. And we've always been a good team. This is the first year that we haven't been completely been underrated. Belicheck is one of the best coaches of all time. We're going to win. NO DOUBT.

Woooo Go New England!

Related to Eagles or Patriots? Vote in Poll & Make the Right Choice[s]

1. What is the significance of the Eagles and Patriots in this poll?

The Eagles and Patriots are both American football teams in the National Football League (NFL). They are two of the most successful teams in the league and have a long-standing rivalry.

2. What is the purpose of this poll?

The purpose of this poll is to gather public opinion on which team is preferred between the Eagles and Patriots. This can be based on factors such as team loyalty, past performances, and personal preferences.

3. How can I vote in this poll?

To vote in this poll, simply click on your preferred team, either the Eagles or Patriots, and then click on the "Vote" button. The results will be updated in real-time.

4. Can I change my vote after submitting?

No, once you have submitted your vote, it cannot be changed. This ensures the accuracy and integrity of the poll results.

5. Will the results of this poll have any impact on the Eagles or Patriots?

No, this poll is purely for fun and to gather public opinion. The results will not have any impact on the teams or their performances in the NFL.