Dynamics Homework Help, velocity, acceleration of particle

In summary, velocity is the rate of change of an object's position with respect to time, while acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity with respect to time. Velocity and acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in an object's position or velocity by the change in time. Average velocity and acceleration are calculated over a given period of time, while instantaneous velocity and acceleration are calculated at a specific moment in time. Velocity and acceleration are closely related, with acceleration being the rate of change of velocity. Positive and negative velocity and acceleration indicate the direction of an object's movement, determined by the chosen coordinate system.
frank1234
I need help with my dynamics homework. This is what I have so far, I hope you can read my writing (let me know if something is unclear). Can someone help me with how to approach this problem and where to go next? Thank you!
HW013.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Periphery of inner wheel and hence that of outer has tangential speed equal to 180t.now at t as found by you 0.38.
so v at the end of 0.38 sec equals 68.4(Pl. make corrections in your solution.)
Now tangential acc.=dv/dt=180
Normal acc.=-v^2/R3=-68.4/105=0.65
Resultant acc. at end of 0.38 sec=sqrrt(0.65^2+180^2)=180 approx.

Related to Dynamics Homework Help, velocity, acceleration of particle

1. What is the difference between velocity and acceleration?

Velocity is the rate of change of an object's position with respect to time, while acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity with respect to time. In simpler terms, velocity is how fast an object is traveling and in what direction, while acceleration is how much an object's velocity is changing over time.

2. How do I calculate velocity and acceleration?

Velocity can be calculated by dividing the change in an object's position by the change in time. Acceleration can be calculated by dividing the change in an object's velocity by the change in time. Both velocity and acceleration have units of distance/time^2.

3. What is the difference between average and instantaneous velocity/acceleration?

Average velocity and acceleration are calculated over a given period of time, while instantaneous velocity and acceleration are calculated at a specific moment in time. Average velocity is the total displacement divided by the total time, and average acceleration is the total change in velocity divided by the total time. Instantaneous velocity and acceleration are calculated using derivatives and are more accurate at a specific moment in time.

4. How does velocity and acceleration relate to each other?

Velocity and acceleration are closely related as acceleration is the rate of change of velocity. This means that if an object's velocity is changing, it is accelerating. If an object's velocity is constant, there is no acceleration.

5. What is the difference between positive and negative velocity/acceleration?

Positive velocity and acceleration indicate that an object is moving in the positive direction, while negative velocity and acceleration indicate that an object is moving in the negative direction. This is determined by the chosen coordinate system. For example, if an object is moving to the right, it has a positive velocity, while if it is moving to the left, it has a negative velocity.