Dr. Who In Concert: Featuring Amy Pond & The Doctor

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the discovery of a Dr. Who concert, where an orchestra plays music from the TV series and the main characters, Amy Pond and The Doctor, make appearances. The conversation also mentions upcoming Christmas specials and the first time the show will be aired on the proper day in America.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
By chance I found myself watching a Dr. Who concert this morning. Who knew?!

An orchestra plays music used in the TV series, which includes some of the greats, like Mars, by Holst, with Amy Pond [Karen Gillan] as host and The Doctor in attendance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOl71B2WMO8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hl1Trh1aZo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I80pc9jZ_t8

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I watched the whole thing, it was fun!

Christmas special at 9 tonight, even on BBC America. For the first time, Doctor Who is being shown on the proper day here in America.

Who? Never heard of him, though Horton says he has.

Related to Dr. Who In Concert: Featuring Amy Pond & The Doctor

1. What is "Dr. Who In Concert: Featuring Amy Pond & The Doctor"?

"Dr. Who In Concert: Featuring Amy Pond & The Doctor" is a live musical event that combines the iconic music of the popular TV show "Doctor Who" with a performance by actors portraying the characters of Amy Pond and The Doctor.

2. Who are Amy Pond and The Doctor?

Amy Pond and The Doctor are two main characters of the British science fiction TV show "Doctor Who". Amy Pond is a feisty and adventurous companion of The Doctor, a time-traveling alien who goes on various adventures to save the universe.

3. What can I expect from a "Dr. Who In Concert" performance?

A "Dr. Who In Concert" performance typically includes live orchestral music from the show, accompanied by scenes and clips from the TV series projected on a big screen. There may also be live performances by actors portraying Amy Pond and The Doctor, interacting with the audience.

4. Are the performers in "Dr. Who In Concert" the same actors from the TV show?

No, the performers in "Dr. Who In Concert" are not the same actors from the TV show. They are professional actors who have been chosen to portray the characters of Amy Pond and The Doctor for the live event.

5. Do I need to have watched "Doctor Who" to enjoy "Dr. Who In Concert"?

No, you do not need to have watched "Doctor Who" to enjoy "Dr. Who In Concert". The event is designed to appeal to both fans of the show and those who are new to it. However, having some knowledge of the show may enhance your experience.