Does anyone know why Chris Hillman stop posting here?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, there was a frequent poster named John Baez who used to post about Canonical Loop Quantum Gravity and there was also a paper by Zimmerman on the topic. Some time ago, Rudolf Gambini shared a draft of his intro book on LQG with the conversation participants. There is currently no one working on LQG at the poster's school. It is believed that eventually there could be a merging of LQG and SuperString Theories, but it would be a difficult task. Other topics like Quantum Chaos and SuperSymmetric Quantum Cosmology were also discussed. One person mentioned the idea of particles that are neither right nor left, which was inspired by a joke from Danger Mouse.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I remember that he was a frequent poster here, what reason he had to stop posting here?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Also John Baez sometimes posted here, you can see the posts in BSM.
I have some recollection that in the 1990's I read some paper by Zimmerman (can't recall if its about Canonical Loop Quantum Gravity).
A few years ago Rudolf Gambini sent me a draft of his intro book for UG students on LQG while I asked him for the draft since at my school no one works in LQG.
I believe there's no time like the present to read his draft.

Eventually some sort of Marriage between Loop Quantum Gravity and SuperString Theories is possible, but it would be quite aggressive feat.
Loopy-Stringy same blah blah blah...
🙃

And we should add to the fun Quantum Chaos, SuperSymmmetric Quantum Cosmology.

I thought of writing a thesis on Quantum Chaotic Field Theory.
Cheers Mates and Girls!

:oldbiggrin:

MathematicalPhysicist said:
I remember that he was a frequent poster here, what reason he had to stop posting here?
IIRC, he realized he needed to devote far more time to publishable original research. Although I was disappointed that he would not be around much anymore, I understood completely.

By the way strangerep did you read in physicsoverflow of my idea of particles that are neither right nor left (or should I say wrong)... What a joke I took from danger mouse...

Related to Does anyone know why Chris Hillman stop posting here?

1. What is the reason for Chris Hillman's absence from this forum?

It is not clear why Chris Hillman has stopped posting on this forum. There could be a variety of reasons, such as personal reasons, lack of interest, or other commitments.

2. Has anyone reached out to Chris Hillman to find out why he stopped posting?

It is possible that some members of the forum have tried to reach out to Chris Hillman to inquire about his absence, but there is no way to confirm this information.

3. Was there any conflict or disagreement that led to Chris Hillman's departure?

There is no evidence to suggest that there was any conflict or disagreement that caused Chris Hillman to stop posting on this forum. It is important to respect his privacy and not make assumptions without any factual basis.

4. Will Chris Hillman ever return to this forum?

There is no way to predict whether Chris Hillman will return to this forum or not. It is ultimately his decision and we should respect it.

5. How has Chris Hillman's absence affected the forum?

It is difficult to determine the exact impact of Chris Hillman's absence on the forum. Some members may have noticed a decrease in activity or discussions related to his posts, but the forum continues to function as usual.