Does anyone have any good web resources to learn math methods?

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's interest in learning math methods and their search for a good resource to do so. They have watched some videos but were not satisfied and are now looking for alternatives such as video lectures or course notes. The conversation also mentions a free book on math methods that the speaker has started working on and finds promising.
zheng89120
Lately, I have become interested in learning math methods (actually reviewing, because I have taken a math methods course already). I have watched some of Prof. Strang's (MIT) Math Methods for Engineer videos, and couldn't say that I was a big fan of that video series. For one, it was for graduate students, and seemed to assume some knowledge of math methods already. I was wondering if there is another resource somewhere that's really good for learning math methods. Video lectures similar to the ones offered by Prof. Susskind (Stanford) would be great, or good course notes on math methods would be good as well. I feel that such a resource would be good for any physics student.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Does anyone have any good web resources to learn math methods?

1. What are some good web resources for learning math methods?

There are many great web resources available for learning math methods, including Khan Academy, Mathisfun, and Wolfram MathWorld. These websites offer a variety of lessons, practice problems, and interactive tools to help you learn math methods.

2. How can I find practice problems to help me learn math methods?

Many online resources, such as Khan Academy and Mathisfun, offer a wide range of practice problems for different math methods. You can also find practice problems in textbooks and workbooks specifically designed for learning math methods.

3. Are there any free web resources for learning math methods?

Yes, there are several free web resources available for learning math methods, such as Khan Academy and Mathisfun. These websites offer a wealth of information and practice problems at no cost.

4. Can I use online videos to learn math methods?

Yes, there are many online videos available on websites like YouTube and Khan Academy that can help you learn math methods. These videos often offer step-by-step explanations and examples to make learning easier.

5. How do I know if a web resource is reliable for learning math methods?

It's important to check the credibility of a web resource before using it to learn math methods. Look for websites that are run by reputable organizations or have been recommended by trusted sources. You can also read reviews and feedback from other users to gauge the effectiveness of the resource.