Do you like to poke fun at your friends

In summary: I knew I had won.In summary, I poke fun at my friends, relatives, pets, strangers, local politicians, and laywers by saying humorous things about their lives. I think it's a lot of fun and they usually respond in kind.
Mk
How much, often and how do you like to poke fun at your friends, neighbors, relatives, pets, strangers, local politicians and laywers? I think I end up saying a lot of things that piss them off.

One time I compressed an ice cube onto my dog's balls while he was sleeping. *tee hee!* :approve: I win! I win! o:)

Physics news on Phys.org
Mk said:
How much, often and how do you like to poke fun at your friends, neighbors, relatives, pets, strangers, local politicians and laywers? I think I end up saying a lot of things that piss them off.

One time I compressed an ice cube onto my dog's balls while he was sleeping.

I can't say I saw that one coming.

SpaceTiger said:
I can't say I saw that one coming.
YOU didn't? How suprised do you think his poor dog was?

Mk said:

One time I compressed an ice cube onto my dog's balls while he was sleeping. *tee hee!* :approve: I win! I win! o:)
now did you do it on purpose or did you just have a popsicle in your mouth?

Mk said:
[...]
LMAO! Poor dog

tribdog said:

I have to say man that is one of the funniest put downs I've ever seen :smile: :smile:

Agreed! :smile: :smile:

wtf lol.

thats wrong

My friends tend to rag on each other alot. They'll just start talking **** out of the blue for no reason what so ever. Personally I will usually only make comments if something particularly witty occurs to me or someone is just asking for it.

tribdog said:
... :blushing: How did... you know?

I didn't think about this earlier. I have one friend in particular that is quite sadistic. He often tells "your mom" jokes and then ofcourse there are always those people that come back with more "your mom" jokes.
So someone says "Yeah I did your mom last night."
James (my friend) says "Oh really? So how was that? Must have been a lot of hard work digging up her grave and all. Did you need a lot of lube?" and so on the whole time looking and sounding like he's angry.
Then the person looks around and hopes someone will tell him that James' mom really isn't dead but no she really is. Eventually when the person has squirmed enough for James' liking he tells them it's cool and he's not really mad. The guy seriously does it because he thinks it's funny to watch them squirm and get uncomfortable.

I made your mom squirm and get uncomfortable last night

I made my dogs make YOUR mom squirm and get uncomfortable last night.

Mk said:
I made my dogs make YOUR mom squirm and get uncomfortable last night.

Strange. Your mom seemed perfectly comfortable last night...

quadraplegics usually do

tribdog said:
quadraplegics usually do
Makes me wonder how people in wheelchairs have sex...

Oh wait your mom taught me how last night.

Last edited:
She drives an ambulance?

... what the hell?

I'm having a heart attack. Somebody call the paraplegics.

Oh, now I get it.

Not a single one of my friends has a mom I would even remotely have any sexual interest in. To do one of these women would be an insult to me. I'm sure the ladies are just loving this thread, by the way.

I had a friend whose mom was actually incredibly attractive. He would always get really mad if any of us said anything about it... so we talked about it all the time.

I have a friend whose mother's bedroom was red, with red velvet stuff on the walls, red curtains, red carpet, red satin sheets... even a red telephone!

Over the thrity years that we've been friends I've never said a thing. :biggrin:

Okay, as for the OP. I have family in Highland Illinois. They are salt of the Earth types who work hard, go to church every week, and are absolutely not inclined to show any interest in subjects such as UFOs. Now, none of them know about my interest in UFOs, but since I do follow the subject closely, when visiting for a family reunion a few years ago I was well equipped to tease my extremely red-neck cousins about the UFOs their police deparments had been chasing all over the country side. Since I know the details of the event so well I was able to show absolutely no mercy. When my one cousin started to raise his voice - "well by God they're seeing something! - I decided to back off. He's the kind of guy that would take a swing at you if tormented enough. :smile: :smile: :smile:

After all of these years of catching attitude about California, that sure was fun.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
Okay, as for the OP.
Please, call me Mk.
I have family in Highland Illinois.
That's where my dad was born!

Mk said:
Please, call me Mk.
That's where my dad was born!

Wow! How long and when did he live there? How old is he?

You know, for a small town Highland has a very productive history. There are several companies that set the standard for various products including one invented by my family - cherry cola. Also, I forget the name, but there is a transformer company there that has been around for about a hundred years. They are also somewhat famous in their own right.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
including one invented by my family - cherry cola.
Wow! Do you get royalities from The Kinks?

Danger said:
Wow! Do you get royalities from The Kinks?

Nope, never saw a dime. I don't know the whole story but I think the patent expired before it got real big. It was made and sold for decades and I remember visiting the bottling plant as a kid, but AFAIK it was only sold in a few states. However, it is apparently true that a great uncle [maybe even another great in there] invented the drink and owned the rights.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I had a friend whose mom was actually incredibly attractive. He would always get really mad if any of us said anything about it... so we talked about it all the time.

That totally made me think of Stiffler and "Stiffler's Mom" from American Pie.

Related to Do you like to poke fun at your friends

1. What is the purpose of poking fun at your friends?

Poking fun at friends is a way to show affection and strengthen relationships. It can also be a form of humor and entertainment.

2. Is it okay to poke fun at friends if they seem uncomfortable?

No, it is not okay to continue poking fun at friends if they are uncomfortable. It's important to respect their boundaries and stop if they express discomfort.

3. How do you know when it's appropriate to poke fun at friends?

Poking fun at friends should only be done in a light-hearted and playful manner. It's important to consider their feelings and make sure it's not hurtful or mean-spirited.

4. Can poking fun at friends ever be harmful?

Yes, poking fun at friends can be harmful if it crosses the line into bullying or if it consistently targets one person. It's important to be mindful and respectful of others' feelings.

5. What should I do if my friend is upset by my poking fun at them?

If your friend is upset by your poking fun at them, apologize and stop immediately. Try to understand their perspective and make sure to be more considerate in the future.