Do you have to be 18 to use Google AdSense?

• Thread starter AVReidy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google
In summary, Google AdSense does not have a strict age requirement, but users under 18 years old must have a parent or guardian manage their account. This is to comply with legal restrictions and ensure users are of legal age to enter agreements and receive payments. If a user under 18 has parental consent, they can still use AdSense but their parent or guardian must manage the account. Lying about age when signing up can result in account suspension or termination. There are no exceptions to the age requirement, as it is necessary to comply with legal regulations and protect the privacy and rights of minors.
AVReidy
In the registration process they say that the payee must be 18 years of age or older to register, but I was wondering if someone under 18 could register using a custodial bank account, since technically (i think) the true payee is the adult who started the custodial account for the minor. Would this be the case? Is the true payee the minor or the adult?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Ask their support, not us.

1. Is it necessary to be 18 years old to use Google AdSense?

No, it is not necessary to be 18 years old to use Google AdSense. However, users under 18 years old must have a parent or guardian to manage their AdSense account.

2. Why does Google AdSense have an age requirement?

Google AdSense has an age requirement to comply with legal restrictions and ensure that users are of legal age to enter into agreements and receive payments.

3. Can I use Google AdSense if I am under 18 years old but have parental consent?

Yes, you can use Google AdSense if you are under 18 years old but have parental consent. The parent or guardian must manage the AdSense account and be responsible for all actions taken on the account.

4. What happens if I lie about my age when signing up for Google AdSense?

If you lie about your age when signing up for Google AdSense, your account may be suspended or terminated for violating the terms and conditions. It is important to provide truthful information when creating an AdSense account.

5. Are there any exceptions to the age requirement for Google AdSense?

There are no exceptions to the age requirement for Google AdSense. All users must be 18 years old to use the platform, or have a parent or guardian manage their account. This ensures compliance with legal regulations and protects the privacy and rights of minors.