Do We Need Intelligence In Heaven ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the role of thinking and intelligence in solving problems in life, heaven, and hell. It also touches on the idea of an afterlife and how certain concepts may not be relevant in that state of being. The conversation also briefly touches on the topic of what students learn in high school and the potential reasons for ineptitude. The original poster also acknowledges that this topic may be better suited for discussion on a different forum.
Mithal
In this life we need to think to solve our problems and get ourselves through .But what about in heaven if everything is provided and no problem exist , so our mind is deactivated and I suppose 'I think therefore I am' wouldn't work there, you wouldn't realize you exist . In hell , I think you need intelligence to get yourself out even if there is no solution exist.

Physics news on Phys.org
Mithal said:
But what about in heaven if everything is provided and no problem exist
That must be your idea of heaven because that certainly wouldn't be heaven for me. :wink:

Mithal said:
In this life we need to think to solve our problems and get ourselves through .But what about in heaven if everything is provided and no problem exist , so our mind is deactivated and I suppose 'I think therefore I am' wouldn't work there, you wouldn't realize you exist . In hell , I think you need intelligence to get yourself out even if there is no solution exist.

Well if we did live in a place where everything is provided to us... wouldn't we need intelligence to know what we actually do need in the first place?

I think dieing will be fun. It will sort out a lot of problems in my opinion.

Mithal said:

I don't want to spend an eternity in a heaven that's perfect. That's why life is exciting.

If you believe in heaven or any kind of afterlife you probably also have to believe that specific matters of God are simply outside the human intellectual capacity. If that's the case, anything you come up with is just a philosophical game that has no basis in reality. Sure that's a copout but the question is unanswerable outside of faith.
All you can really assume is that since it's a completely different state of being, conepts like "being provided for" aren't even relevant.

What do students learn in high school these days?

Nusc said:
What do students learn in high school these days?

How to have sex

That would explain the ineptitude.

Nusc said:
That would explain the ineptitude.

Well we know how to do drugs too :frown:

Although this question has not been explicitly framed within a particular religious context, I believe it is still largely a question involving concepts particular to some religious belief systems. Worse, those concepts are not at issue, but are axiomatically accepted and form the background on which the real question is asked. As such, this discussion is not amenable to PF's https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=15840 on religious discussion. I encourage the original poster to seek discussion of this topic on a more appropriate forum.

Related to Do We Need Intelligence In Heaven ?

1. What is the purpose of intelligence in heaven?

The purpose of intelligence in heaven is to continue learning and growing in knowledge and understanding of the divine. It allows for a deeper connection with God and the ability to fully comprehend and appreciate the wonders of the afterlife.

2. Will everyone have the same level of intelligence in heaven?

It is believed that in heaven, everyone will have a perfect understanding of all things, so in that sense, everyone will have the same level of intelligence. However, some may have a more extensive knowledge and understanding due to their experiences and the progression of their souls.

3. Can intelligence be improved or increased in heaven?

There is no definitive answer to this question. Some believe that intelligence can continue to grow and expand in heaven, while others believe that it is already perfected in the afterlife. It is ultimately up to individual interpretations and beliefs.

4. Is intelligence necessary for happiness in heaven?

Intelligence is not the sole factor in determining happiness in heaven. It is believed that the pure love and joy in the afterlife transcends any level of intelligence. However, having a deeper understanding of God and the universe can contribute to one's overall happiness in heaven.

5. Do souls retain their earthly intelligence in heaven?

Again, this is a topic of debate and interpretation. Some believe that souls retain their earthly intelligence, while others believe that it is irrelevant in the afterlife. It is believed that the soul's intelligence in heaven will be perfected and expanded, regardless of their earthly knowledge.