Do These Focased Physics Programs Seem Beneficial?

In summary: The electronics option is more focused on the workforce, but you don't have any experience in that field. The acoustics option might be more suited for you because you are interested in that field and you have some experience in it.
vMaster0fPuppet
Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me make this decision.
My school offers some options with the physics major supposedly designed to enable students to be more ready to join the workforce after college. As this is my plan, I am trying to get some perspective on how they might benefit me.

OPT 1: Electronics includes upper-level courses in electrical engineering and computer science and engineering for employment or graduate work in applied physics, engineering, electronics, and computer engineering.
This option actually requires me to stay an extra semester in order to fulfill all the requirements.
Code:
[FONT="Garamond"]The specialized courses I will take with this program are:[/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"]CMPEN 271  Introduction to Digital Systems 
E E 210          Circuits and Devices 
E E 310          Electronic Circuit Design I 
E E 350          Continuous-Time Linear Systems
And pretty much any 2 high level E E or CMPEN classes of my choosing.
[/FONT]
OPT 2: Acoustics includes upper-level courses in engineering acoustics for students interested in employment in acoustics or in graduate studies.
Code:
[FONT="Garamond"]The specialized courses I will take with this program are:[/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"]AERSP   308  Mechanics of Fluids[/FONT]
[FONT="Garamond"]And 2 from this list:[/FONT]
[FONT="Times New Roman"]ACS        402    Introduction to Acoustics
AERSP   412    Turbulent Flow
A E         458    Advanced Architectural Acoustics and Noise Control
CSD        230    Introduction to Audiology 
E MCH   412    Experimental Methods in Vibrations
E E         460    Communication Systems II 
M E        471    Noise Control in Machinery[/FONT]
I am a junior, so I must make this decision immediately. Whatever path I decide to take, I should rearrange my next semester to account for. I have just finished the baby courses and am taking my first 400 level courses next semester, so don't feel that I have had enough exposure to either of these to decide on interest. I would just like to know how these options look in the entry level workforce.

How do these programs look insofar as employability on a resume?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you want to do, job-wise?

tmc said:
What do you want to do, job-wise?

That's the thing... I have not a clue what I want to do, so it's hard for me to make a decision. I would like to get more experience in either of these fields, but I sort of need to make this decidion now... especially if I want to go with the electronics option.

I know I want something that is challenging, but will allow my time to focus on other things.
I'm sort of interested in acoustics. By that I mean I play guitar and I enjoyed installing a system in my car... not much to go on. I don't really know what kind of work really is out there for acoustic focused physicist either.
I think the electronics options might provide more opportunities, but I have zero experience doing anything related, so I can't be sure if I'd enjoy it. Never built robotics, or designed anything like that for fun. And again, I don't really know what kind of work is out there exists for electronic focused physicist.

That's why I'd like to know what seems to provide more diverse opportunities.

Related to Do These Focased Physics Programs Seem Beneficial?

What is the purpose of a focused physics program?

A focused physics program is designed to provide students with an in-depth understanding of the fundamental principles and laws of physics. It aims to prepare students for advanced studies or careers in fields such as engineering, research, or education.

How does a focused physics program differ from a general physics program?

A focused physics program typically offers a more specialized curriculum and may cover advanced topics in greater detail. It may also include hands-on laboratory experiences and research opportunities, allowing students to apply their knowledge in practical settings.

What skills and knowledge can students expect to gain from a focused physics program?

Students in a focused physics program can expect to develop strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. They will also gain a deep understanding of fundamental physics concepts and the ability to apply them to real-world situations.

Are there any prerequisites for enrolling in a focused physics program?

Most focused physics programs require students to have a strong foundation in mathematics, particularly in calculus. Some programs may also have specific course requirements, such as introductory physics or chemistry courses.

What career opportunities are available for graduates of a focused physics program?

Graduates of a focused physics program have a wide range of career opportunities available to them. Some may choose to pursue further studies in physics or related fields, while others may find employment in industries such as aerospace, energy, or technology. Additionally, the analytical and problem-solving skills gained from a focused physics program are highly valued in many other fields, including finance, law, and medicine.